Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emton

Base name notification distance way too far

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Base name notification distance seems too far, at something like 500m, regardless of the current level? How about just have the notification distance be the current radius x 2 ? So a player has to get sort of near the base to get the name of it?

Edited by Emton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK, maximum radius is 150m, so if we did 2*150m, that would be 300m, and that's already close to what you think it's at already.

IMO, the notification range should be set at whatever the flag's level is at. So at maximum level (Level 10), the notification and build range would be the same - 150m. It would also balance base raiding for those who want to keep a small footprint to not be found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
4 hours ago, UBEChief said:

AFAIK, maximum radius is 150m, so if we did 2*150m, that would be 300m, and that's already close to what you think it's at already.

IMO, the notification range should be set at whatever the flag's level is at. So at maximum level (Level 10), the notification and build range would be the same - 150m. It would also balance base raiding for those who want to keep a small footprint to not be found.

Yea that would be better, I don't see how having a 500m distance works right, if there's more than one base in the area isn't it confusing to find the right name for the base. Players should have to get close to the base to get the name, and better for the base to have a little more concealability instead of announcing to the player there's a base within 500m, they should have to find it with their eyes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Emton said:

Yea that would be better, I don't see how having a 500m distance works right, if there's more than one base in the area isn't it confusing to find the right name for the base. Players should have to get close to the base to get the name, and better for the base to have a little more concealability instead of announcing to the player there's a base within 500m, they should have to find it with their eyes...

its set in the mission config, default is just more than double the max possible (325) so they cant overlap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, red_ned said:

its set in the mission config, default is just more than double the max possible (325) so they cant overlap

I'm talking about the base notification distance, i just tested it my lvl 3 base 45m radius it gave me a notification at around 470m away. This is why I said the notification distance should be the current radius x 2. So 45m base you get a notification at 90m and it scales up 150m base 300m notification. Just trying to help here, doesn't make sense a measly 15m base gives as big a notification as a 150m base...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

you can edit that number or disable that notification completely in ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName, requires an override in ur customcode in mission config.cpp

Edited by Crazy Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.