[Rogue]NuttyRabbit

Spawning In invisible on an island

Question

Hi When Anyone Relogs On My Server They Spawn In Invisible On An Island,This Also Happens After A Server Restart.The Only Way To Fix This Is To Wipe The Exile Database.This Is Not Ideal As It Wipes All Players Gear And No Logs Are Being Created.There Is Also No Lobby When Players Join The Server It Just Connects  U Straight Into The Game.

Any Help?

Edited by [Rogue]NuttyRabbit

9 answers to this question

There has been a lot of people reporting this issue. I'd suggest having a read through the forum because you're not the only one with this issue, but I can tell you that it is also caused by something being wrong in your mission pbo. Most likely that is not the case. The removal of the lobby amongst some other additions means that people are having memory issues. To get around this tell people to wait before joining. The news page can act as a lobby, just ask them to wait before pressing continue and this may resolve the issue for some.

The removal of the lobby is in your description.ext

skipLobby = 1;

I know this is an old post but it may help anyone experiencing this issue...

I had this issue with a player last night and the fix was rather simple (if you are an admin with access to the database) after a little digging.

In our case it was one player. I looked at the player stats in the database and I noticed in the "hitpoints" section it was missing the two closing brackets at the end.

[["face_hub",0],["neck",0],["head",0],["pelvis",0],["spine1",0],["spine2",0],["spine3",0],["body",0],["arms",0],["hands",0],["legs",0],["body",0

It should look like this...

[["face_hub",0],["neck",0],["head",0],["pelvis",0],["spine1",0],["spine2",0],["spine3",0],["body",0],["arms",0],["hands",0],["legs",0],["body",0]]

Notice the two brackets at the end.
Add those back in and restart and they should load in fine. At least it did in our case.

My theory is that it gets stuck at that point because it doesn't know what to do next, which is why the character never fully loads.
And in our case he originally had taken damage before logging out so when it got to this point in loading his character his health would drain until his invisible character would die and start the whole thing over again.

Still don't know why it happened in the first place but at least this should get them back on their feet..

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Since 1.68, BI changed the hitpoints, there are now more decimal points in the array, which causes the save to go over 255 characters. In MySQL player/design table, change hitpoints varchar from 255 to 1023 or change varchar to text to prevent it happening again

3 people like this

4 hours ago, MGTDB said:

Since 1.68, BI changed the hitpoints, there are now more decimal points in the array, which causes the save to go over 255 characters. In MySQL player/design table, change hitpoints varchar from 255 to 1023 or change varchar to text to prevent it happening again

Good to know. Thanks.
Can you elaborate on the player/design table? I'm not proficient with database management and only happened upon the bracket issue by chance.

There's an SQL on the forum somewhere that you can execute to fix it

On 3/18/2017 at 5:01 PM, Vert said:

Good to know. Thanks.
Can you elaborate on the player/design table? I'm not proficient with database management and only happened upon the bracket issue by chance.

Thanks. I had my hosting company make the change that MGTDB suggested. Haven't had the problem again since.

On 31.3.2017 at 3:46 PM, MGTDB said:

There's an SQL on the forum somewhere that you can execute to fix it

where? cant really find it

Hello, i had the same issue on my server and have now managed to fix it.

It seems to occur when the database creates a duplicate of a player with a damage value of 1 (dead) and that instance doesn't get erased so the player spawns dead and stuck in the ground no matter what they do.

If you set up a timed SQL event on your database which does this:  DELETE FROM `player` WHERE damage = 1

maybe tell it to run every 5 mins or so that should resolve the problem, it did for me anyway.

50 minutes ago, StevieP said:

Hello, i had the same issue on my server and have now managed to fix it.

It seems to occur when the database creates a duplicate of a player with a damage value of 1 (dead) and that instance doesn't get erased so the player spawns dead and stuck in the ground no matter what they do.

If you set up a timed SQL event on your database which does this:  DELETE FROM `player` WHERE damage = 1

maybe tell it to run every 5 mins or so that should resolve the problem, it did for me anyway.

Thanks. We've only had that issue the one time. Everything has been fine since but I'll keep this in mind if it happens again.

Advertisement