n00dles w/Oculus

Looking for players and potential Game masters

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have recently finished the first iteration on a project and am looking for interested players, and possible game master candidates. The project is primarily an experiment, but I hope grow into something fun.

It is called Tenome and is an attempt to create an immersive emergent survival experience, driven by equal parts player base and human game masters. Hostile placement, economy, missions and more change regularly. Meaning in theory endless stories to tell, and no game session the same.

If you are interested in the project more info can be found on our group page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Zxile or you can contact me directly. I am not only looking for players, but anyone who is interested in being a GM, Admin, or wants to help develop and influence the direction of the project.

Clips from Dev and live GM sessions:

https://youtu.be/iRiPW4_uqJA

Project Background:

Tenome was inspired in part after hunting through the server list for something different and finding nothing but a list of servers all offering the same tired gameplay, The other main factor being the notion that no survival game has solved the "end game" problem. So Teno is my experiment with this concept.

If you come to Teno expecting another Zombie mod, or Exile's kind of arcade Arma You will be disappointed. Teno will never aspire to tread the path of those who came before, and is more than the sum of its parts. It leans back towards simulation and realism where players are not superhuman. Skill, thinking, and tactics are rewarded.

You do not start with everything and end game is not about tower building. Grinding for loot, and farming are not such a factor as game masters generate in world content including missions, encounters, supply drops/bases if you can think of it a GM can do it. Even up to full scale server wide events for all. With a GM on the table you never know what you might posses at the end of your session, you could join with nothing and 5 minutes later have only instance of a powerful item.

Most things in the world are present or not for a reason. If something changes in real time or of from login to login that's just Teno, expect the unexpected. For example the economy changes reacting to player trends prices change depending on supply and demand. So finding the best deal can be a factor in short meta is a factor in Teno.

Mechanics and gameplay: Some of the gameplay mechanics that differ and things to keep in mind when starting out. Not everything is mentioned as that would ruin the discovery! What is mentioned is just to give you an idea of the depth, and things to consider.

Character & World:

Weight: Your character is not superman, and this is not Fallout. You can't carry the biggest bag and the largest gun without suffering any penalties. Managing your loadout is important the amount of weight you are carrying affects how much you can sprint, your aim, even how quickly you'll dehydrate in the Pacific sun!

Weather: The Weather in Teno has been modeled from real pacific islands, wind, rain, temperature, humidity, etc are all based on real world values. These affect things like how rapidly you dehydrate, to the ballistic properties of your bullets, Snipers take note! Teno does not leave you in the dark about this weather voodoo there are lots of tools within the game to help you find this information if its important to you.

Economy: Tenome's economy isn't like vanilla Exile, prices are not static, items are not always available. There is also a player based market which is possibly the only way to purchase the best and rare items if you are unable to find it in world.

Game Masters: GM's see everything and control everything, from their place of power atop Olympos Oros they control the world of Teno. NEVER directly interacting with players but changing the world, reacting, plotting, and scheming. From the smallest action of placing a smoking wreak in a field for you to discover, to making noises in the woods to freak you out. Creating missions, giving rewards, placing ambient points of interest and loot. Their power is limitless.

Game masters are NOT out for personal gain, they are NOT in competition with the player base their role is purely to enrich player experience. They sculpt the world for you to discover, and in turn your actions can influence the world.

VERY IMPORTANT It is necessary for players to understand that game masters do NOT compete or directly help players! It is considered bad practice for a GM to directly cause the death of a players character. If you find a GM that is negativity affecting your play session or harassing you. For example placing large groups of over powered AI directly on your position, or spawning items directly for players. THIS MUST BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY

GMs are NOT admins, they are NOT present to help with general issues, provide support or to give you an unfair advantage.

Edited by n00dles w/Oculus

Posted (edited)

how can I play in your server? a3launcher?

SOrry but I have no idea how to start with Exile mod without a3launcher ^^

Edited by NabirAlBar

Advertisement

I like it so far. If you need devs, admins, GMs, I am down for a new project.

Interesting turn!

If you follow the link to the group there is a full guide to the project that explains how to get on for those not well versed

IF you want people to be an admin then you can PM them the details. This isn't a place to advertise your server by any means.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hence you see no reply to FragZ inline.

As for the rest well, I'm looking for people to join/help test a project. And have provided them the relevant information.

The post also states GMs are NOT admins.

I can only conclude you don't understand the project, perhaps I need to use simpler terms?

Or do you simply take offence at the sever link as for example MetalMan has a "recruitment" post where 80% of the content is about the "features" and mods on their server, is there something he did right and I got wrong? Use of colour perhaps.

I correct my point, the referenced post has be updated since (22 june), and I don't have time to look for another example. Sure I'll find several later.

1 hour ago, n00dles w/Oculus said:

Hence you see no reply to FragZ inline.

As for the rest well, I'm looking for people to join/help test a project. And have provided them the relevant information.

The post also states GMs are NOT admins.

I can only conclude you don't understand the project, perhaps I need to use simpler terms?

Or do you simply take offence at the sever link as for example MetalMan has a "recruitment" post where 80% of the content is about the "features" and mods on their server, is there something he did right and I got wrong? Use of colour perhaps.

I correct my point, the referenced post has be updated since (22 june), and I don't have time to look for another example. Sure I'll find several later.

Your title of your post states looking for "players" then you post your server with IP intact. WE don't allow that. If you're looking to advertise your server then by all means use exilemod.com/servers for that. Also instead of crying about metalmans post how about you use the actual report function? I'm just one person who has to manage the entire forum to look for rule breakers. It's very time consuming and I do have a life outside of Exile forum moderation believe it or not.

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

then you post your server with IP intact

This was all that needs to be stated. If it is in fact the primary criteria.

I only referenced other posts to illustrate the apparent double standard. I have no issue with any contributions made by others, (hence the lack of using the report function) this is the internet after all, and a video game, none of it means anything. Even if I hadn't had personal experience with an unclear practice I would have raised the same concerns, the fact its my post is irrelevant. 

In reality I'm highlighting an issue to make your job easier. Had my original observations been in place STARTairsoft780 wouldn't have had to ask the questions he did. Its not a criticism of you, your life, or however you've taken it. I take very little interest in the content being deleted, Its the way in which it is removed.

Just pointing out observations. But you are clearly playing in a area used to slapping butt hurt children, and can't see past the fact someone can express concerns on a topic irrelevant of their personal experience, only used to illustrate, next time I shall use examples separate from personal experience.

I have edited any posts relating the project to conform with your wishes. If you find any I have missed, let me know and I'll make the relevant changes.

Advertisement