CameraChick

Inventory Order

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I know everyone is (understandably, deservedly) on vacation, but I thought I would throw this into the ring, even if just to make life in-game a tiny bit easier.

In the inventory, when moving items out of your gear, it seems like the order jumps around chaotically. Let's say, for example, you have 6 magazines of M9 you want to ditch. As you right-click to dump each magazine (individually, blah), the order jumps to where you have to search for them all over again. Trying to clean up your bags can be tiresome. Not a huge deal, but I just thought I would mention it. Love your work, every last bit. Get some rest!

1 person likes this

I know the reason for this: If you look at your inventory at the traders (as in, looking to sell stuff to them), the inventory is set by what item got placed in your gear first.

So, say you have 5 30Rnd. 5.56 STANAG mags in your vest, but got a couple of 30Rnd. 9mm mags for your PO7 between. What it will end up looking like is this:

30Rnd. STANAG
30Rnd. STANAG
30Rnd. 9mm
30Rnd. 9mm
30Rnd. STANAG
30Rnd. STANAG
30Rnd. STANAG

So, if you try and dump your gear onto the floor or into another container, it will always go by what came first in your inventory. The best way to avoid this is to set up your inventory by what you need first (Instadocs, EMRE, Coffee, ammo), then have the stuff you're going to use automatically in your travels, like ammo and grenades at the bottom of the list so stuff doesn't go jumping around.

Trust me, I know the frustrations of this when I'm looting a Hardcore mission with tons of stuff in the crate.

1 person likes this

Advertisement