Retribution

Wall glitching

10 posts in this topic

Just checking but has something changed in infi - we are running the most recent and no more warnings are issued or restraints issued for attempting to wall glitch. I was just wondering if its a setting on our end (looked and everything seems to be set right) or if something changed in infi.. thanks in advance. 

On 2.8.2016 at 4:08 AM, Retribution said:

Just checking but has something changed in infi - we are running the most recent and no more warnings are issued or restraints issued for attempting to wall glitch. I was just wondering if its a setting on our end (looked and everything seems to be set right) or if something changed in infi.. thanks in advance. 

Hey!

I removed those things because it was sometimes logging people that weren't really trying to glitch. They were just walking over walls that are used as ramps or something like that 

1 person likes this

Advertisement

The thing in arma is -- you stuck long weapons through the wall when running into them, or your feet when standing with your back at a wall - when moving into a wall it ditches your through it a bit - for a short time.

I could detect these things, but then there is always some people that do it by accident - hard to check who's doing it on purpose and who not :/

Posted (edited)

Have a post and it is enabled yet with vehicles we can easily get into bases with no warning or it even being detected. Is there a way to re add the things you removed? I find the method of "better safe then sorry" fits this situation appropriately.

Edited by ArchAngelOfDeath

On 17 August 2016 at 6:58 AM, ArchAngelOfDeath said:

Have a post and it is enabled yet with vehicles we can easily get into bases with no warning or it even being detected. Is there a way to re add the things you removed? I find the method of "better safe then sorry" fits this situation appropriately.

I would definitely love to see it back in InfiSTAR but maybe with a toggle (defaulted to False) in the config for those who don't want to use it?

2 people like this

Well I'm constantly changing the anti glitch things, I'll put a punishment option or several  different ways to punish a player that can be enabled / disabled but before that I still need to calibrate it more 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

i just caught a player today glitching into a base to destroyed the vehicles inside. banned!!! 
i've played on a server where if you try to glitch the player dies and i've died a few times cause i was too close while planting explosive charges. the best thing is if bohemia would fix this problem. so infistar is correct to just log it so the admins will know who to keep an eye on...

im watching another player setting up a breaching charge and the AH Log is being spammed with wall glitch check. around 20 lines per charge.

Edited by digDoug

I'm having glitching issues too. One individual glitched into several bases and stole their flags. Through concrete walls and doors. I was under the impression that infiSTAR blocked this or prevented it. One guy had his level 10 flag ripped off. That's an expensive hit.

I nominate adding the anti-glitch settings back in again too. Maybe the punishment should be if a certain number of glitch attempts are made within a span of time it kicks the player. Or just have it TP the player back to their original position before the glitch.

1 person likes this

Advertisement