Joshua_Mer

Knife-Down Networks (Knife-Down, LLC)! • DDOS Protection • 1Gbs or 100Mbs Lines! • Awesome deals!

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We do not offer i7 servers. We were planning on introducing a new i7 line-up but we found it useless. Anyone interest in dedicated servers for Arma we suggest looking elsewhere. Anything else this is still the place to go!

logo.png

Knife-Down Networks uses only cutting edge equipment! You can get steller deals with our VPS, Web-host, or Dedicated Server locations! Feel comfortable with Live-Support and ticket administration! We offer managed products as well!

https://www.kdnetworks.net/

N8ZqURS.gif

OaA8hes.png

3iiQDfG.gif

kY5sAEX.png

We do not offer i7 servers. We were planning on introducing a new i7 line-up but we found it useless. Anyone interest in dedicated servers for Arma we suggest looking elsewhere. Anything else this is still the place to go!

Edited by Joshua_Mer
1 person likes this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, eraser1 said:

No i7-4790k?

LbrPKu1.gif

We can certainly provide it if interested! Although! You may be better off with a E3 or E5!

Edited by Joshua_Mer

@Joshua_Mer ArmA servers care about clock speed above all else. There isn't much better than an i7-4790k for ArmA server hosting right now.

On 8/3/2016 at 11:22 PM, eraser1 said:

@Joshua_Mer ArmA servers care about clock speed above all else. There isn't much better than an i7-4790k for ArmA server hosting right now.

Well, I'm sorry that's not very educated of the Server owners than. i7-4790k's are desktop equipment E3's, similar or even better clock speeds run more efficiently and are the right hard-ware to be running as much as a server requires. 

Posted (edited)

Omg @Joshua_Mer please don't post in an arma forum about server hosting if you don't want you are talking about. 

I7-4790k is the fastest single tread cpu out and since arma only care about ghz it the fastes. 

Check this out, the e3-1281v3 is the best Xeon but still not as fast as 4790k

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Edited by itsatrap
1 person likes this

@Joshua_Mer You can argue with me all you like on this topic. While your logic would hold true for 99% of other programs/games, it does NOT apply to ArmA.

I suggest you gain some more experience with ArmA hosting before offering hosting services :)

the only benefit you get from using Xeons over the 4790k is being able to use ECC RAM, but that benefit doesn't outweigh the higher clock speed of the 4790k

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, second_coming said:

the only benefit you get from using Xeons over the 4790k is being able to use ECC RAM, but that benefit doesn't outweigh the higher clock speed of the 4790k

Tried the Xeons and the performance I got from there compared to my current 4790k was defiantly noticeably!

Sorry but the 4790k is outright a better choice.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

Tried the Xeons and the performance I got from there compared to my current 4790k was defiantly noticeably!

Sorry but the 4790k is outright a better choice.

I strongly believe that you were just using the wrong equipment. Desktop environment processors are no where near as good as server grade equipment. We have three clients currently running some form of Arma servers on our services and our clients have been nothing but satisfied. It all depends on what type of Xeon you get. I strongly suggest people try it out, it will definitely increase your performance. 

Edited by Joshua_Mer

Advertisement