Jidyfly

Flag upgrades don't cost respect?

Question

Not sure why but all territories cost pop tabs to upgrade and not respect, i haven't touched the system so i don't know why it has changed. 

10 answers to this question

It was changed in exile 0.9.8 I believe.

Advertisement

Yes, this is not a bad idea. I preferred it when flag upgrade was respect based. 

I'll try and have a look later when I get home from work unless anyone else can find it before.... 

Respect is no longer a currency, it's a dynamic meter relating to your actions in game (kind of like humanity in day z).  The system is designed to work with configurations with the server to have respect bonuses and penalties for your actions in game and then to have restrictions based on respect at traders - making some items unobtainable for players that don't have enough respect, e.g. making the Lynx only available to players with 100k respect.

This is designed to introduce tiering and give players longer term objectives, whilst prevent the over-use of certain items/equipment.  Of course, it relies on sensible application of the system by the server admin. If done as intended, this gives more  emphasis to killing and not being killed, with rewards for those that are successful. Those who aren't will be busy using their pop-tabs (that they can't use on Gucci kit) for their base upgrades. 

It makes no sense to me "buying" upgrades with respect, especially when many servers are not fully utilizing the system and allowing players to accrue huge amounts of it - it's basically giving upgrades for free. That's my opinion anyway. 

3 people like this

I like the new system, it forces players to engage in either AI combat, PvP, or massive looting.. Both for the money to pay the flag cost and the respect to buy "X" type of gear and vehicles. Overall its a change for the better. It may be a bit harder for some folks (say lone wolf) to accrue the pop tabs or respect needed, but all good things come to those who kill. And kill repeatedly. 

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Jidyfly said:

Is there anyway to change it back?

Short answer, yes.

Is it painful, yes. Worth it, no.

Edited by CEN

ExileServer_system_territory_network_territoryUpgradeRequest........ Look in here, but I agree with everyone else

What about upgrade base with pop tabs but each level requires a certain respect. Just like the traders

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Limitless0 said:

What about upgrade base with pop tabs but each level requires a certain respect. Just like the traders

THIS 100%.    

On 8/24/2016 at 7:55 AM, Limitless0 said:

PLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE :):):):) 

Advertisement