Johnny Cash

Developer Needed

14 posts in this topic

Hello i have a server and i want to to add some stuff inside it like zombies ,zombie dogs , Hallow's vehicles pack, RZinfection ,Helli Crashes AI Missions ,DMS , is ti possible someone to Help me?

Kind Regards

34 minutes ago, Johnny Cash said:

Hello i have a server and i want to to add some stuff inside it like zombies ,zombie dogs , Hallow's vehicles pack, RZinfection ,Helli Crashes AI Missions ,DMS , is ti possible someone to Help me?

Kind Regards

it is very possible for someone to help you yes

Advertisement

ok my steam name is Johnny Cash if someone or you whant to help me to talk

can you give me a link to your profile? Theres 100k different  Johnny Cash's

Here's a reality check.

1. Exile does not need more servers.

2. Exile does not need more "server admins" who "need help".

3. *IF* Exile gets a new server, a server owner that knows how to set things up, has tons of patience with errors, dealing with problems, and how to search for them is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM requirement for that server to have even the tiniest of chances to work. 

Exile needs more players. 

This may sound harsh, but helping someone out setting up a server usually goes like this:

1. You help them setup the server, explaining to them what they need to do and what they need to learn. (Usually taking hours on TS)
2. Things get rolling, and their server goes up and works perfectly.
3. They change something, and in spite of you teaching them how to "find things in the RPT" and "Backup a working version and rollback when you make mistakes", they for some reason have the memory of a 90-year old dementia patient.
4. You help them, and everything starts from point 2 again, until you lose patience and get called names and "fuck you" and a bunch of other stuff. After which they either just stop doing anything, the server (with 0 players) closes down, or they ask the same questions on these forums and some other poor helping samaritan gets to go through what I just said.

There are exceptions to this, of course. But I'm jaded as fuck.

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Tobias Solem said:

Here's a reality check.

1. Exile does not need more servers.

2. Exile does not need more "server admins" who "need help".

3. *IF* Exile gets a new server, a server owner that knows how to set things up, has tons of patience with errors, dealing with problems, and how to search for them is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM requirement for that server to have even the tiniest of chances to work. 

Exile needs more players. 

This may sound harsh, but helping someone out setting up a server usually goes like this:

1. You help them setup the server, explaining to them what they need to do and what they need to learn. (Usually taking hours on TS)
2. Things get rolling, and their server goes up and works perfectly.
3. They change something, and in spite of you teaching them how to "find things in the RPT" and "Backup a working version and rollback when you make mistakes", they for some reason have the memory of a 90-year old dementia patient.
4. You help them, and everything starts from point 2 again, until you lose patience and get called names and "fuck you" and a bunch of other stuff. After which they either just stop doing anything, the server (with 0 players) closes down, or they ask the same questions on these forums and some other poor helping samaritan gets to go through what I just said.

There are exceptions to this, of course. But I'm jaded as fuck.

Iv never seen so much truth in one post before. Thats why i kinda stopped making servers for people. For 1 i nerver really did it for the payout i did it more to help and cause i was bored. But all the issues that came up, the owner changes his mind and wants esseker cause frankie played on it and he likes it but oh he wants altis now cause his computer cant run esseker. I feel you bro

1 person likes this

That Was was the most  truth  post indeed.... Thank you But as i am Greek i want a server For Greeks who don't know English and they are many of them and also want to play so bad that game....i will try my self to see what i can do about it....

Regards

9 minutes ago, Metalman10 said:

Iv never seen so much truth in one post before. Thats why i kinda stopped making servers for people. For 1 i nerver really did it for the payout i did it more to help and cause i was bored. But all the issues that came up, the owner changes his mind and wants esseker cause frankie played on it and he likes it but oh he wants altis now cause his computer cant run esseker. I feel you bro

"People who make monetary decisions based on feelings end up poor and miserable" (My mother)

The same thing applies to people who set Exile servers up, or play hearthstone, or whatever needs to involve a solid strategy and a lot of patience. You just can't base your work on "feeling" as that is a fickle asset. If you "suddenly feel like a map change might attract more players" you're going to end up "poor and miserable" (poor being a metaphor here). 

The guys I've spoken to who lead successful servers don't change their minds every 5 days, and they certainly don't have the patience of a 12-year old with ADHD on speed. :D

Not sure why I'm shitting up this thread with this. Sorry Johnny.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Cash said:

That Was was the most  truth  post indeed.... Thank you But as i am Greek i want a server For Greeks who don't know English and they are many of them and also want to play so bad that game....i will try my self to see what i can do about it....

Regards

Best advice i can give you is learn for yourself. Trust me its the only way cause someone like me wont always be there for you to help you. You cant depend on everyone else to help you fix your server and its gonna come down to you. It may seem hard but truly it isnt hard at all. Start watching YT videos and on how to setup servers and just start reading the install instructions. Im happy to help you but i cant hold your hand and do it for you.  Best of luck.

Regards

Advertisement