• 0
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hand soloz

Server Doesn't Shut Down

Question

Posted (edited)

Have a fresh server setup going and my biggest problem seems to be the restart, Server doesn't shut down and isn't logging anything that I can find in the rpt.

Things I have checked:

C:\Arma\Server\battleye\BEServer.cfg  RConPassword mypassword

C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg    serverCommandPassword                = "mypassword";

  C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\addons\exile_server_config\config.cpp               // This needs to match config.cfg serverCommandPassword        serverPassword = "mypassword";   

 

Config.cpp file setting are as follows

class RCON
    {
        /*
            Note that for this to work you need to have serverCommandPassowrd defined in config.cfg and BE enabled
        */

        // This needs to match config.cfg serverCommandPassword
        serverPassword = "mypassword";

        // Autolocks server until its ready to accept players
        useAutoLock = 0;

        // Server will autoLock at that time before restart (minutes)
        restartAutoLock = 3;

        /*
            Number of hours and minutes of your restart period.

            Examples:

            {4, 0} = Every 4 hours
            {1, 30} = Every one and a half hour (who the hell would do this?)
        */
        restartTimer[] = {3, 0};

        /*
            Kicks players before restart to prevent gear loss.
            We strongely recommend to use this!

            0 = off
            1 = on
        */
        useAutoKick = 0;

        /*
            Number of minutes before the server kicks players that did
            not disconnect before the restart. Should at least be two
            minutes!
        */
        kickTime = 2;

        /*
            Self-explanatory

            0 = off
            1 = on
        */
        useRestartMessages = 1;

        /*
            Number of minutes before the restart to inform your players.

            Only use full minutes here. Value like 5.5 have not been tested.
        */
        restartWarningTime[] = {15, 10, 5, 3}; 

        /* 
            If set to 1 server will execute '#shutdown',
            to try to shutdown the server
        */

        useShutdown = 1;
    };

Also not getting restart messages broadcast in game if that helps diagnose the problem           

Any advice would be appreciated.

                         

 

 

Edited by hand soloz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 answers to this question

  • 0

Who is your provider mate? Some providers require you to set up a manual schedule to restart the server which you have to synchronize to your settings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, hand soloz said:

        /* 
            If set to 1 server will execute '#shutdown',
            to try to shutdown the server
        */

        useShutdown = 1;

it does say "try" :P

your best option would be to use BEC. (IF YOU AREN'T USING A GSP)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
  • 0

Or just search for a hoster who has his own restart tool cause BEC is really buggy using for the most hoster :rock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Can't find a different host as I am the host, Running Exile on Windows Server 2012 R2 that has hosted 3 other Exile servers from the previous build without a hitch using the same setup as this one. Just drives me a little bonkers when things like the restart don't work, It's part of my OCD I guess... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

If ur the hoster then just try to config BEC :rock:

Then the internal exile restart function could be disabled i guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, hand soloz said:

Have a fresh server setup going and my biggest problem seems to be the restart, Server doesn't shut down and isn't logging anything that I can find in the rpt.

Things I have checked:

C:\Arma\Server\battleye\BEServer.cfg  RConPassword mypassword

C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg    serverCommandPassword                = "mypassword";

  C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\addons\exile_server_config\config.cpp               // This needs to match config.cfg serverCommandPassword        serverPassword = "mypassword";   

 

Config.cpp file setting are as follows

class RCON
    {
        /*
            Note that for this to work you need to have serverCommandPassowrd defined in config.cfg and BE enabled
        */

        // This needs to match config.cfg serverCommandPassword
        serverPassword = "mypassword";

        // Autolocks server until its ready to accept players
        useAutoLock = 0;

        // Server will autoLock at that time before restart (minutes)
        restartAutoLock = 3;

        /*
            Number of hours and minutes of your restart period.

            Examples:

            {4, 0} = Every 4 hours
            {1, 30} = Every one and a half hour (who the hell would do this?)
        */
        restartTimer[] = {3, 0};

        /*
            Kicks players before restart to prevent gear loss.
            We strongely recommend to use this!

            0 = off
            1 = on
        */
        useAutoKick = 0;

        /*
            Number of minutes before the server kicks players that did
            not disconnect before the restart. Should at least be two
            minutes!
        */
        kickTime = 2;

        /*
            Self-explanatory

            0 = off
            1 = on
        */
        useRestartMessages = 1;

        /*
            Number of minutes before the restart to inform your players.

            Only use full minutes here. Value like 5.5 have not been tested.
        */
        restartWarningTime[] = {15, 10, 5, 3}; 

        /* 
            If set to 1 server will execute '#shutdown',
            to try to shutdown the server
        */

        useShutdown = 1;
    };

Also not getting restart messages broadcast in game if that helps diagnose the problem           

Any advice would be appreciated.

                         

 

 

You can either use a dos batch file or infistar has one built in it, Windows task scheduler will use your batch file for restarts which is what I do

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, 1Man said:

You can either use a dos batch file or infistar has one built in it, Windows task scheduler will use your batch file for restarts which is what I do

I tried to use the Infistar restart but it didn't work either and didn't send any "Restart Warnings" in game. I have a restart.bat file that works once the arma3server.exe process is killed it's just killing the process and giving some prior warning in game part that I need to sort out.  I'm wondering if it isn't something up with my battleye as I can't connect using a program like Dart or EPM Rcon but maybe I'm thinking wrong on that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Infistar is what I use since I started running servers, it does work cut a snippet of infistar restart and message and paste it in here also post your batch file might be able to figure it out pretty quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Post your battle eye cfg minus password and we might be able to get that working as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, 1Man said:

Infistar is what I use since I started running servers, it does work cut a snippet of infistar restart and message and paste it in here also post your batch file might be able to figure it out pretty quick

Here's the options I set in Infistar

/* shows RESTART IN X MINS */
USE_RESTART_TIMER = true;            /* show time left to next restart */
RESTART_TIME_IN_M = 180;            /* restart time in minutes (default: 180min == 3 hours) */
SHOW_TIMER_IN_MIN[] = {1,2,3,5,10};    /* minutes before restart, when message is shown */
USE_RESTART_TIMER_SHUTDOWN = true;    /* #shutdown the server after RESTART_TIME_IN_M minutes */

My batch file is the one included in the installation guide done up by S. that detects the process down and restarts it. I can kill the arma3server.exe process manually and it will bring it back up just fine, it's just the #shutdown that isn't happening. 

 

@echo off
color 0a
title Exile Monitor Tanoa
:Serverstart
echo Launching Server
C: 
cd "C:\Arma\Server"
echo Exile Server Monitor... Active !
start "Arma3" /min /wait arma3server.exe -mod=C:\Arma\Server\@exile;Kart;Mark;Heli; -servermod=@exileserver; -config=C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 15 >NUL
echo Exile Server Shutdown ... Restarting!
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
cls
goto Serverstart

Edited by hand soloz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.