Advertisement
5 hours ago, MGTDB said:

Copy  the Arma 3 folder and create another with a different name
Rename the copied server exe

arma3server1.exe
arma3server2.exe

and so on

psssh, you don't need to do that, just add in the launch parameters

server 1: -port = 2302 -servermod=@ExileServer -config=@ExileServer\config.cfg -cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg

server 2: -port = 2402 -servermod=@ExileServer1 -config=@ExileServer1\config.cfg -cfg=@ExileServer1\basic.cfg

and ur done ;)

If you can't figure out the rest from there, maybe it's best not to host a second server.

Having 2 separate folders for different instances is better as it keeps logging separate and 100 other reasons, but hey, what do I know about server hosting!

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, MGTDB said:

Having 2 separate folders for different instances is better as it keeps logging separate and 100 other reasons, but hey, what do I know about server hosting!

exactly :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MGTDB said:

but hey, what do I know about server hosting!

not much i guess..

1. no need to rename the exe... if you copy it into another folder... what should this be good for? only people who start their servers manually would do this... go and check out firedaemon for example ^^

2. you dont need to copy everything and waste diskspace... use symlinks...

3. you can also set the directory where it loggs all the shit...

so tell me more about the 100 other reasons.. because these 3 are done...

Edited by AFC~Gagi2~

2 hours ago, AFC~Gagi2~ said:

not much i guess..

1. no need to rename the exe... if you copy it into another folder... what should this be good for? only people who start their servers manually would do this... go and check out firedaemon for example ^^

2. you dont need to copy everything and waste diskspace... use symlinks...

3. you can also set the directory where it loggs all the shit...

so tell me more about the 100 other reasons.. because these 3 are done...

1. If you kill the exe when you restart the server you kill both servers at the same time if they are named the same.

2. Nobody has disk space issues it's 2016.

3. You could or you couldn't, up to you!

Posted (edited)

1. thats bullshit and you know it... every exe has its own process... you maybe just dont know which one is which one ^^ you dont have this problem for example with firedaemon

i personally wouldnt start the servers by clicking some batchfiles etc and also wouldnt do the restart routines with the same shit... but what do i know about serverhosting

2. still no reason to waste it though

3. fact is its possible... so his argument is invalid ^^

4. you havent said anything about the 100 other reasons yet

5. the fact you do a complete install for every instance explains why some of you need hours to update all your precious arma3 servers when others do it with one click...

Edited by AFC~Gagi2~

2 hours ago, AFC~Gagi2~ said:

1. thats bullshit and you know it... every exe has its own process... you maybe just dont know which one is which one ^^ you dont have this problem for example with firedaemon

i personally wouldnt start the servers by clicking some batchfiles etc and also wouldnt do the restart routines with the same shit... but what do i know about serverhosting

5. the fact you do a complete install for every instance explains why some of you need hours to update all your precious arma3 servers when others do it with one click...

You know about everyone's update process?

Why are you so ornery?

You know a lot about hosting? Let's talk about all your players that you host...

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, AFC~Gagi2~ said:

1. if you use windows task scheduler to restart your server using taskkill it's easier to just rename the executables so you only restart the one you want.
I'm not sure but last time I used firedaemon (free version i guess) I had to open a VM like window to see the server console that means the errors go to that VM too which I personally dont like since I'm already using RDC to connect to the serverpc but it's all preference.

2. Agree, symlinks are awesome, and are pretty useful if your servers use the same addons, etc

also everyone can stop being cocky. most of these things are based on personal opinions and how they got used to managing their own servers. there is no ultimate way of setting up your server, there are better ways always, but being used to something is more important than fucking up the server between updates :D

Edited by dbw

Advertisement