kaotix

Loot table comparison to DayZ

5 posts in this topic

This is just a quick scramble for information. Basically I'm looking at modifying my servers loot tables as I feel the amount of loot that spawns is too high.
I'm fully aware of how to do this, this isn't an issue. I would, however, like to compare the loot tables to those of DayZ if anyone is able to help me out.

Now I have both types of loot tables, and by comparison, DayZ spawns almost no loot and Exile spawns ALL the loot....

Is the spawn chance (percentage) directly comparable to that of DayZ? For instance on Exile, some items have a 4% chance of spawning whereas most items in the DayZ loo tables are around 0.06% (rough guestimate)

Would it have any adverse effects if I were to start reducing my loot chances down to these kinds of levels?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I've been running through the lootcompiler and what tables that offers OTB.

The way I'm leaning is to actually lower the overall numbers anyway, regardless that you say there is far less items than there was in DayZ. I don't actually feel this is true. 

I guess I'll have to play with the loot tables a bit and try some different numbers.

I like the sound of what you're doing. Would like to hear more about it.

Advertisement

I have something that is quite close to it. You'll find random magazines, pistols mostly and decent loot at military areas, it is quite uncommon to find a good gun out of those areas. I'm using quite a few equipment / weapon mods

Use https://qualitygameservers.com/loottable.php to get the desired loot percentages and compile it

54 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

basically i rewrote the entire loot table then went into chernarus in the editor and hand placed every loot spawn in every building, aswell as a majority of working cup buildings

That's serious unnecessary effort. Some custom stuff won't spawn things but you can generate loot spawns for the whole map with a button and THEN place loot spawns in custom areas. Well, that was your time not mine...

54 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

i edited the weather frame so its always somewhat cloudy

Weather effects are bad on some maps, especially with CUP and a2op because of the lakes. All fog, rain etc needs to be 0 so bare this in mind. I don't think clouds will cause a problem though

That was tldr. However I glanced over it.

Advertisement