kaotix

Loot table comparison to DayZ

8 posts in this topic

This is just a quick scramble for information. Basically I'm looking at modifying my servers loot tables as I feel the amount of loot that spawns is too high.
I'm fully aware of how to do this, this isn't an issue. I would, however, like to compare the loot tables to those of DayZ if anyone is able to help me out.

Now I have both types of loot tables, and by comparison, DayZ spawns almost no loot and Exile spawns ALL the loot....

Is the spawn chance (percentage) directly comparable to that of DayZ? For instance on Exile, some items have a 4% chance of spawning whereas most items in the DayZ loo tables are around 0.06% (rough guestimate)

Would it have any adverse effects if I were to start reducing my loot chances down to these kinds of levels?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

theres so many more items in dayz its only natural, with a few mods tryk gun mods ect your going to be looking at 0.01 for ALOT of items, thus giving them all almost an equal chance of spawning, with vanilla exile item count you can give everything a fairly good ratio to spawn, download their loot compiler and look through lootgroup and lootitemgroup and you will see, you can fully customize the table as long as you link the new spawns to your buildings ect in exile_server_config in @exileserver addons folder, but to answer your main question its just the amount of items in the table that lowers the chances, probably

on my server that im making to emulate old dayz mod the weapon spawns are low enough to actually give value to them while the ammo accessories food junk ect is all much higher, so your not running through a barren town with no loot and no reason to go into it. normally on exile you will run into 3 houses and have everything you need, then run through the rest of the town and find nothing, where as old itterations of the arma survival had a lot of duplicate smaller items to fill the gaps so that wouldnt happen, but somewhere along the line someone forgot game balance and now everyone has shitty loot spawns lmaoo

Edited by Crazy Mike

Advertisement

Thanks for the info, I've been running through the lootcompiler and what tables that offers OTB.

The way I'm leaning is to actually lower the overall numbers anyway, regardless that you say there is far less items than there was in DayZ. I don't actually feel this is true. 

I guess I'll have to play with the loot tables a bit and try some different numbers.

I like the sound of what you're doing. Would like to hear more about it.

I have something that is quite close to it. You'll find random magazines, pistols mostly and decent loot at military areas, it is quite uncommon to find a good gun out of those areas. I'm using quite a few equipment / weapon mods

Use https://qualitygameservers.com/loottable.php to get the desired loot percentages and compile it

That's really useful, I'll generate some configs and give them a go!

57 minutes ago, kaotix said:

Thanks for the info, I've been running through the lootcompiler and what tables that offers OTB.

The way I'm leaning is to actually lower the overall numbers anyway, regardless that you say there is far less items than there was in DayZ. I don't actually feel this is true. 

I guess I'll have to play with the loot tables a bit and try some different numbers.

I like the sound of what you're doing. Would like to hear more about it.

basically i rewrote the entire loot table then went into chernarus in the editor and hand placed every loot spawn in every building, aswell as a majority of working cup buildings, then i went back into the editor and added a fuckton of simple objects for decoration aswell as a few buildings in key locations to make them a bit more interesting for loot ect, i build a power plant for the radiation site, put a hardware trader out there with a few items you wont be able to find easy anywhere else, codelocks ect. i built a detailed little trading outpost at the old epoch bandit barns near myskino and added the market plugin instead of gear traders as unlimited supply of every item with poptabs you can farm for is kinda stupid. 

i edited the weather frame so its always somewhat cloudy and all around shitty weather since arma 3 clear days in chernarus looks ugly for the apocalypse setting, then fucked with the music so it always plays one of the calm exile ambients that fits really well with going around loot and being a survivor, aswell as getting rid of the cod killmessage in the middle of the screen "enemy fragged +100 points" because it didnt sit right with me.

besides that i added and modified a few scripts and mods;

-tryk - has decent civilian and military uniforms / only real option

-nilarms - highest quality weapons some better then vanilla arma

-cup terrain - best terrains has literally everything to add into ur map

-ryan zombie - only option + somewhat customizable with exilez -set the caliber needed to blow a zombies head up to all types (:<

-oldschool helicrashes - created a custom loot table for helicrashes and added a neat script that lets me dynamically spawn any object and spawn loot at that object, using it only for heli crashes now but i might try and fiddle with it to get random military camps in the woods :D

-extended vehicle repair since vanilla exile repair is kinda bad

-vehicle towing, going to make only large trucks be able to tow later today if i can

-edited the entire non persistant vehicle spawn list to have basically everything the old mod had ect, might be adding the ability to code lock them too would be good

ive gone through every single config and setting thats easily messed with and messed with it to get it how i want, aswell as a number of client overrides to chance little things. my main wishlist right now is to completely disable the exile hud *without breaking exile as i can already do that lmao* and readding the arma ui, then sticking a statusbar on the bottom right going up like a2 dayz is :P

54 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

basically i rewrote the entire loot table then went into chernarus in the editor and hand placed every loot spawn in every building, aswell as a majority of working cup buildings

That's serious unnecessary effort. Some custom stuff won't spawn things but you can generate loot spawns for the whole map with a button and THEN place loot spawns in custom areas. Well, that was your time not mine...

54 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

i edited the weather frame so its always somewhat cloudy

Weather effects are bad on some maps, especially with CUP and a2op because of the lakes. All fog, rain etc needs to be 0 so bare this in mind. I don't think clouds will cause a problem though

That was tldr. However I glanced over it.

1 hour ago, Steelius said:

That's serious unnecessary effort. Some custom stuff won't spawn things but you can generate loot spawns for the whole map with a button and THEN place loot spawns in custom areas. Well, that was your time not mine...

Weather effects are bad on some maps, especially with CUP and a2op because of the lakes. All fog, rain etc needs to be 0 so bare this in mind. I don't think clouds will cause a problem though

That was tldr. However I glanced over it.

on cup chernarus the lighting is shitty during the day no clouds so i made the weather always overcast to make it less bright and happy

and yea i did do an auto loot place but ive since gone in and replaced atleast 90% of the buildings with less floating loot and more under stuff loot 

Advertisement