Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UB3RNOOB3R

base building editor settings

4 posts in this topic

so i am trying to build a 2nd floor on my base using a floor port to make an entrance to the upstairs but when trying to elevate the floor port with page up and down it just rotates my player camera 180 degrees and then back facing forward when i release said key... i have looked in the keyboard configuration settings but i don't seem to see any dedicated settings to change the base building keys... my base is level 1 with only 22 objects placed. to my understanding (NUMPAD) 9/page up rotates my camera 90 degrees right and (NUMPAD) 3 180 degrees right... any help is much appreciated.

Yeah, that happens when you get keyboards with multiple functions on one key :/.
Same thing for me on my 17" laptop, the end key to move objects closer doesnt work on that. (Coupled with Insert i think).
(only really a problem when trying to make good staircases).

You could try and remove the camera rotation in the keybinds. Or try if using either shift/ctrl/alt or the function key (Fn) works. (For me it doesnt).
No idea how to fix the default basebuilding keys tho...

Advertisement

i deleted the keybinds for camera rotation but still not having any luck with it... that's why i was asking if there is any custom settings for the base builder so i can change the key to elevate stuff ect...

Advertisement