Mojo186

Need help with this error message

Question

9 answers to this question

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the mods two times and still get this message?

Looks like you're either running CUP on your client/server, and dont have it on the other. Or, as it's not a long list of fails, your client has downloaded a newer version of CUP which isn't on the server.

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

I am not running a client or a server?  I have 3 friends that are running the same version and mods that i am and they are no getting the error message.  I cannot play the game and it kicks me out of the loading screen

Edited by Mojo186

just update the mods if that dont work the server you are trying to get on must have an outdated mod

Whenever you see a message about keys it means you don't have a mod loaded that is required by the server,  you have a mod loaded that the server doesn't use, you have a different version of the modthan the server or you files are corrupted. Without knowing what mods the server uses and not seeing your command line (seen in you client log) we really can't help further. 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Mojo186 said:

I am not running a client or a server? 

While you may not be running a server, to play the game you are running a client. The error is telling you that you're either not running when needed, running outdated, running newer version than server, or simply running CUP terrains/core and pja310 (GOS Al Rayak) when not needed. 

Edited by oSoDirty

Posted (edited)

what do you need me to post that will help fix the problem, the really odd thing is that all 3 of my friends have the exact same game, and mods as I do and downloaded them at the same time i did.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game AND mods 2 times and get the same result, so? I love these mods and the game but it is frustrating to pay for the game and not being able to play

Edited by Mojo186

An RPT log would be nice to be able to see what have happend. And also it would be helpful if you listed your loaded mods and what mods the server requires you to have.

Your RPT files are located in: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3  https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files 

On 8/18/2016 at 3:25 PM, Mojo186 said:

I love these mods and the game but it is frustrating to pay for the game and not being able to play

Technically speaking you are not paying for the modded experience of Arma3. What you paid for is vanilla Arma3 and without mods it will run exactly as advertised. The frustration (and I get it, I get frustrated by these kinds of issues too) comes from the mods and how they interact with Arma3 at times.

You say that 3 of your friends all have the same mods and versions of those mods as you and that you all downloaded them at the same time. Did you all get them from exactly the same place? Meaning, did you and all 3 of your friends download the mods from A3 launcher, or did you get your versions from somewhere else, like ArmaHolics perhaps and had to install them manually?

Advertisement