MudBone

Infistar blocking Base spawn / Spawn selection timer for players not admins

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We are running the " Base spawn / Spawn selection timer" which works fine but only for admins and not for our regular players. I've installed the lastest version of infistar and tested and I get the same results. I can spawn at base as an admin but not when I log out as an admin.

Edited by MudBone

Menu IDs need to be whitelisted in infistar or they will be blocked.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

yes, exactly

should be written in your logs tho MudBone

On 8/21/2016 at 6:44 PM, infiSTAR said:

yes, exactly

should be written in your logs tho MudBone

This script is not like the server info menu it so it doesn't have its own dialog. It just adds your bases to the existing Exile spawn/ respawn menu. But if I'm missing something and it must be added then how would I find the code to add?

nope, if it's adding to the existing menu it should be working

but if it was blocked by infiSTAR, infiSTAR would write logs :)

21 hours ago, infiSTAR said:

nope, if it's adding to the existing menu it should be working

but if it was blocked by infiSTAR, infiSTAR would write logs :)

So why would it work for admins and not work for non admins? I've also signed out as an admin (!Admin) and it doesn't work after that?

1 hour ago, MudBone said:

So why would it work for admins and not work for non admins? I've also signed out as an admin (!Admin) and it doesn't work after that?

As an admin you are exempt from the limitations of Infistar. There are some things that will kick you even as an admin but that's extremely unlikely to come across, it is wise to test every new addition as a normal player because Infistar can block certain things from functioning. Custom menus can be whitelisted in the ID section of the AH, a lot of very commonly used things are already in there, but not all.

Posted (edited)

On 8/25/2016 at 7:00 PM, Steelius said:

As an admin you are exempt from the limitations of Infistar. There are some things that will kick you even as an admin but that's extremely unlikely to come across, it is wise to test every new addition as a normal player because Infistar can block certain things from functioning. Custom menus can be whitelisted in the ID section of the AH, a lot of very commonly used things are already in there, but not all.

Yes I get that and thats how we found the issue but my issue is not a custom menu per say. The script simply adds your bases to the respawn menu options.

Edited by MudBone

would be best if you can just send me the scripts/files (priv message a link or something?) I won't share it if you're worried about that :)

Advertisement