dj3hac

Trader city objects doing kickflips on server restart

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, every restart some of my objects, (some are worse than others), decide to go all nuts and move around, tables are upside down, entire buildings flipped, etc. Every restart it's slightly different, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

I built the traders using the 3D editor and the E3DEN plugin. I exported by selection, I am positive that damage and simulation was disabled for all objects.

1CE3325580141CA2EEE54044CCFAD8EBE641FACA

47CA5216784592049FBA02068593832BAC83205D

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Note: the tank traps can be pushed around by a vehicle, even though simulation is off.

It may also help to say all these objects are loaded from server side scripts in the @exileserver folder. 

Edited by dj3hac

Well, to me this looks like the objects are colliding with each other instead of having no collide enabled with them. You mind sending this server-side script so I can look into it and see what the culprit is?

Advertisement
57 minutes ago, Surge132 said:

Well, to me this looks like the objects are colliding with each other instead of having no collide enabled with them. You mind sending this server-side script so I can look into it and see what the culprit is?

Hey, thanks a lot, I've been having this problem for a few days now. I'm also having problems with the eden plugin not exporting the correct heights on some objects.  I know for a fact that the PobedaHydro.sqf script isn't working at all right now, as it has both issues with height and collision. Some of the scripts are in one line, sorry about that. It's just the way the plugin exports them for me.

a3_custom.zip

16 minutes ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

May want to send it as a pm.

You just uploaded it for anyone to take lol 

Thats fine. I was going to release everything publicly when finished anyway. Nobody would help me out when I started, and I don't believe in that nonsence. Modding and stuff like this should be a community thing. If I can save someone tonnes of time, awesome, them using my code is taking nothing away from me.

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Surge132 said:

And you're using the EDEN plugin for this correct?

yes I am. Each script may be slightly different, thats just me trying to get it to work right. the one liners are completely untouched. I can provide the mission.sqm for Bash, Stary, and Pobeda. The others were made by my friend working with me, so i can still get them, just not until tomorrow though.

Edited by dj3hac

18 minutes ago, dj3hac said:

yes I am. Each script may be slightly different, thats just me trying to get it to work right. the one liners are completely untouched. I can provide the mission.sqm for Bash, Stary, and Pobeda. The others were made by my friend working with me, so i can still get them, just not until tomorrow though.

Are you using Maca's plugin or the one released by the devs?

Here's some screens of the height issue, Pobeda Hydro-Electric Facility.

32251EBFA7DAD442CB1778953D0B5AF4EEBE899E

1F9B7E5942229CF1B81884A67E30F77FDA65C5CC

Everything is great in the editor. But in game...

4BC89007DB403F2C65563B95FFAC0FEE7EF84986

yeah. My lakes look like a windows media player visualization. I haven't even bothered looking into that one yet.

Advertisement