Seth^^

release Windows Start / Restart batch file (without BEC)

20 posts in this topic

Description

If you are looking for a solution to start / restart your server in windows here's a quick and easy way to do it.

I have a .bat file that will start my exile server and keep it up when it crashes or restarts.

In order for this to work you need to change a file in exile_server.pbo. You can of course use the overwrite in the mission file config for an easier implementation.

The code that was added will shutdown your server after the restart messages. The bat will pickup on the fact that the server process no longer exists and will start it again.

How to install

Download the updated file from here http://highstrike.net/arma/files/ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check.sqf

Unpack your mission file and make a new folder called "restart" there and add ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check.sqf in there.
Next open your config.cpp from your mission and go to CfgExileCustomCode and add it there

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
	ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check = "restart\ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check.sqf";

other stuff here
}

My arma3server.exe is located in T:\Arma3\A3Master
My .bat file is located in T:\Arma3
If you place your .bat next to your arma3server.exe you need to remove the 'cd A3Master' part from it.

@echo off
cls

set version=0.9.19
set wat=Arma3 Exile

title %wat% Watchdog
cd A3Master

:watchdog
echo (%time%) %wat% started.
start "Exile" /wait /high "arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-serverMod=@ExileServer;@marma" "-mod=@Exile;" "-config=@ExileServer\config.cfg" "-cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg" -profiles=config_exile -name=exile -malloc=tbbmalloc -autoinit -enableHT
echo (%time%) %wat% closed or crashed, restarting.
goto watchdog

4 people like this

@Seth^^

You just solved such a big issue for me. This is so much cleaner then using addition 3rd party tools

Respect !

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Description

If you are looking for a solution to start / restart your server in windows here's a quick and easy way to do it.

I have a .bat file that will start my exile server and keep it up when it crashes or restarts.

In order for this to work you need to change a file in exile_server.pbo. You can of course use the overwrite in the mission file config for an easier implementation.

The code that was added will shutdown your server after the restart messages. The bat will pickup on the fact that the server process no longer exists and will start it again.

How to install

Download the updated file from here http://highstrike.net/arma/files/ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check.sqf

Unpack your mission file and make a new folder called "restart" there and add ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check.sqf in there.
Next open your config.cpp from your mission and go to CfgExileCustomCode and add it there

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
	ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check = "restart\ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check.sqf";

other stuff here -hopefully the sp3 unofficial ones
}

My arma3server.exe is located in T:\Arma3\A3Master
My .bat file is located in T:\Arma3
If you place your .bat next to your arma3server.exe you need to remove the 'cd A3Master' part from it.

@echo off
cls

set version=0.9.19
set wat=Arma3 Exile

title %wat% Watchdog
cd A3Master

:watchdog
echo (%time%) %wat% started.
start "Exile" /wait /high "arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-serverMod=@ExileServer;@marma" "-mod=@Exile;" "-config=@ExileServer\config.cfg" "-cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg" -profiles=config_exile -name=exile -malloc=tbbmalloc -autoinit -enableHT
echo (%time%) %wat% closed or crashed, restarting.
goto watchdog

Just asking im a complete noob would you be able to do it for me via remote connect or teamviewer. 

Umm, if you pay me :D

Time is money, friend!

Otherwise read carefully :)

1 person likes this

Time is money, friend!

LOL so ill pay a guy that ripped this off the net. HMMM i dont think so. I am sure some one is willing to help.

1 person likes this

Time is money, friend!

Also are you going to send a bill to Exile for the time it took you to make this post, get real.

You don't seem to understand. I am happy to share anything and everything with you here, but if you want teamviewer assistance that means having someone else (me) do the work for you... which takes time... and time is money, friend :)

Also, are you sure you're a server owner? Because you don't seem to know much do you? You can't even follow some simple steps for crying out loud... so... for 10 euros i can take care of this for you :)

4 people like this

Only issue I got it ghosts another Arma3server if the restart happens to fast. But it does work. Just need to test a timeout of about 45 seconds. 

So with this it restarts the server...but doesn't inform your players.. so they will loose gear or possibly die.

Use BEC and a scheduler.

R.

Advertisement