Euphoria

Is it possible to reduce (slow down) the bleeding/health loss speed?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my first time here so a big "Hello" to one and all.

So I'm looking for a little expert knowledge here, as I'm a bambi at this stuff. Myself and some friends I game with have been wondering, is it possible to configure the 'Bleeding' or 'Health-loss' mechanic, to reduce the speed at which it depletes.

We have an Exile server up and running and we're slowly getting to grips with how to tweak features and add new mods/additions, but this is something we haven't yet come across in the files, so I thought I should ask, as the bleeding speed does seem very fast.

Anyone know if this is possible???

Appreciate it, thanks.

Edited by Euphoria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2016 at 2:15 PM, Euphoria said:

Hi everyone, my first time here so a big "Hello" to one and all.

So I'm looking for a little expert knowledge here, as I'm a bambi at this stuff. Myself and some friends I game with have been wondering, is it possible to configure the 'Bleeding' or 'Health-loss' mechanic, to reduce the speed at which it depletes.

We have an Exile server up and running and we're slowly getting to grips with how to tweak features and add new mods/additions, but this is something we haven't yet come across in the files, so I thought I should ask, as the bleeding speed does seem very fast.

Anyone know if this is possible???

Appreciate it, thanks.

I believe that is the default system in Arma. But for my knowledge there are mods out there that can help you out with that!

 

For example: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/154944-tpw-mods-v20160812-enhanced-realism-and-immersion-for-arma-3-sp/

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Look in your config.cpp there is a option in there   (mpmissions/exilealtis/config.cpp)

 

 

This is mine

Quote

 

// In minutes ammount of time it takes to go from 100 - 0 if stationary
 hungerDecay = 900;
 thirstDecay = 600;
 
 // Damage taken from 0 (health||thirst)/sec
 healthDecay = 1.0;
 
 // Health regen if over BOTH
 thirstRegen = 90;
 hungerRegen = 90;
 
 // IF above meet recover HP%/MIN
 recoveryPerMinute = 2;

 

 

 

Edited by TheSh1tGamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheSh1tGamer said:

Look in your config.cpp there is a option in there   (mpmissions/exilealtis/config.cpp)

This is mine

That's to do with Thirst and Hunger rates and how much damage a player takes when their hunger or thirst levels reach 0.

I'm looking for Bleeding Damage/Health-loss, from when a player is shot, the bullet causes a set amount of damage, but on top of that, some times the players screen will flash red and will bleed or continue to lose health. This is what I'm looking for.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/26/2016 at 0:00 PM, Euphoria said:

That's to do with Thirst and Hunger rates and how much damage a player takes when their hunger or thirst levels reach 0.

Yes and no. 

You'r right, it's related to thirst and hunger but it's also related to isBleeding. You can look it up in ExileClient_object_player_stats_update.sqf:

ExileClientPlayerIsBleeding = isBleeding player;
if ((ExileClientPlayerAttributes select 2) == 0 || (ExileClientPlayerAttributes select 3) == 0 || ExileClientPlayerIsBleeding) then
{
	ExileClientPlayerAttributes set [0, ((((ExileClientPlayerAttributes select 0) - ExileClientHealthDecay * _timeElapsed) min 100) max 0)];
};

If your hunger or thirst hits 0 then ExileClientHealthDecay will take effect. If you'r bleeding, ExileClientHealthDecay takes also effect.

So playing around with healthDecay in missionfile/config.cpp, will effect the healthlose for hunger/thirst & BLEEDING.

 

You could seperate bleeding from thirst and hunger:

ExileClientHealthDecayBleed = getNumber(missionConfigFile >> "CfgPlayer" >> "healthDecayBleed");
if ((ExileClientPlayerAttributes select 2) == 0 || (ExileClientPlayerAttributes select 3) == 0) then
{
    ExileClientPlayerAttributes set [0, ((((ExileClientPlayerAttributes select 0) - ExileClientHealthDecay * _timeElapsed) min 100) max 0)];
};
if (ExileClientPlayerIsBleeding) then
{
    ExileClientPlayerAttributes set [0, ((((ExileClientPlayerAttributes select 0) - ExileClientHealthDecayBleed * _timeElapsed) min 100) max 0)];
};
// In minutes ammount of time it takes to go from 100 - 0 if stationary
 hungerDecay = 900;
 thirstDecay = 600;
 
 // Damage taken from 0 (health||thirst)/sec
 healthDecay = 1.0;

 // Damage taken when bleeding
 healthDecayBleed = 1.0;
 
 // Health regen if over BOTH
 thirstRegen = 90;
 hungerRegen = 90;

 // IF above meet recover HP%/MIN
 recoveryPerMinute = 2;

Keep in mind, in vanilla exile YOU'R NOT start bleeding when get hit by player bullets.

Bleeding only kicks in when hit by AI or thru any other environment damage (falldamage, crashdamage). You could change that thru  an overwrite for ExileClient_object_player_event_onHandleDamage.sqf tho.

 

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.