SteveMcQueen

AI - DMS vs. SargeAI vs. A3XAI

10 posts in this topic

Just looking for confirmation that all these AI based addons will run in parallel on our server.  I cannot confirm, but I believe 2 or 3 are working correctly. But, I "think" DMS is not. 

to be honest mate i would stick with dms for the missions and a3_exile_occupation for the roaming as these too work side by side together

Advertisement

SargeAI does not work well with anything but its self. I have been running DMS + Occupation + A3XAI on both my servers for months with out any issues. I have recently change the side of the AI on A3XAI so it would fight the AI from DMS and Occupation, which has turned out to be really cool. But if your running the latest version of DMS you can't go wrong.

I would recomend running DMS for the missions. Then run Occupation for Loot Crate Spawns (like mini missions) and the roaming AI. And then run A3XAI for the Roaming AI and Land and Air AI. This setup runs great on both Altis and Tanoa. Just on Tanoa you would need to decrease the amount of AI compared to Altis.

1 hour ago, ProjectViper72 said:

SargeAI does not work well with anything but its self. I have been running DMS + Occupation + A3XAI on both my servers for months with out any issues. I have recently change the side of the AI on A3XAI so it would fight the AI from DMS and Occupation, which has turned out to be really cool. But if your running the latest version of DMS you can't go wrong.

I would recomend running DMS for the missions. Then run Occupation for Loot Crate Spawns (like mini missions) and the roaming AI. And then run A3XAI for the Roaming AI and Land and Air AI. This setup runs great on both Altis and Tanoa. Just on Tanoa you would need to decrease the amount of AI compared to Altis.

Occupation has roaming AI, vehicle and air and water? 

A3XAI is old and there has been many issues with it's AI going "godmode"

Yes Occupation has roaming AI with vehicle and air but I haven't found where you can increase patrols. That's where I like A3XAI. But yes A3XAI is old but works very well and can edit it easily. I have came across only once with "god" AI but it was an Occupation loot drop. Could that had been caused by A3XAI? Again only happened once but never figured out what was up.

Posted (edited)

Each AI seemed to offer variation that was great for 3 or 4 players. I want to add roaming ground and air combat vehicles and haven't seen a one to date with changes I made to DMS.   I will look to remove SargeAI and A3XAI and better tune DMS. Start there and build up (try the others again)

Thank you everyone for insight.

Edited by SteveMcQueen

20 hours ago, SteveMcQueen said:

Just looking for confirmation that all these AI based addons will run in parallel on our server.  I cannot confirm, but I believe 2 or 3 are working correctly. But, I "think" DMS is not. 

right , with dms(occu) it gives some hidn problems, no one will talk about it but it is. 

at the moment i codeing my own ai system then i know what i have (with support my raptors <3 ).

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Warsheep said:

right , with dms(occu) it gives some hidn problems, no one will talk about it but it is. 

such as?

2 people like this

On 8/24/2016 at 6:23 PM, second_coming said:

Yea after posting that I did more looking into the setting and the script. And I stand corrected lol. I have adjusted as well as add markers to get the transportation to work on Tanoa. And I have to say with DMS and Occupation, nothing else is needed. I have even added (very easily I might say) 3 additional Trader locations. Man once I looked closer into it, there is nothing better. Thanks for your hard work to make my job as a server owner so much easier.

Advertisement