Gaz12

dual monitor issue

Question

So I have been having this problem where when I am ingame playing and I have stuff like Teamspeak or whatever on my second monitor I can scroll through the TS channels with out being alt-tabbed out like if I'm looking around and scrolling I can scroll through channels(not switching) and it's very annoying. I have also asked on the Bohemia forums and no answers or replies. any thoughts or ideas on what the issue is?

p.s. idk if this is the right spot for this post

10 answers to this question

Its even worse when it thinks you've clicked out of the game and minimizes. Always happens when doing missions :@ It's as though the game always thinks it's in windowed mode instead of full screen, so allows you to click outside still.

Either way, it's a game issue. Use to get the same playing epoch as well.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, Paul said:

Its even worse when it thinks you've clicked out of the game and minimizes. Always happens when doing missions :@ It's as though the game always thinks it's in windowed mode instead of full screen, so allows you to click outside still.

Either way, it's a game issue. Use to get the same playing epoch as well.

The thing is my game never minimizes.

Advertisement

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to scroll on any inactive window so long as your mouse is hovering over it. So it looks like your mouse has managed to escape the ArmA 3 window and is hovering over your teamspeak. 

You can try playing in full screen or try googling around because I know this happens in other games too. Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you. 

1 hour ago, WolfkillArcadia said:

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to scroll on any inactive window so long as your mouse is hovering over it. So it looks like your mouse has managed to escape the ArmA 3 window and is hovering over your teamspeak. 

You can try playing in full screen or try googling around because I know this happens in other games too. Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you. 

I do play in fullscreen(not fullscreen borderless) and i have googled around and the only results I get are the minimizing issues that I don't have.

This is a long-standing issue with ARMA engine.  You can google around for some applications that will lock your mouse to a particular monitor.  I've tried that with mixed success.  Insofar as I know, I don't believe there's a way to get ARMA to stop doing this.

Well I'm not downloading a malware filled program to lock my mouse.

Thanks guys for the help, you guys are more useful than the people that are on the Bohemia forums.

On 2016. 09. 05. at 8:15 PM, Gaz12 said:

Well I'm not downloading a malware filled program to lock my mouse.

dam son, do you safely remove your usb sticks before unplugging? :D
there are no malwares in those programs dude.
I have the same problem btw, your game will tab out if you play enough or if you turn towards the direction your mouse can escape too long while holding alt or RMB. sometimes alt+enter-ing then alt tabbing a few times solves the problem, sometimes I still click out or scroll on TS. I got used to opening the map/pause menu every once in a while and putting the cursor to the other side of the screen

Advertisement