0PERAT0R.04

Is this sort of thing normal?

8 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone else has come across this kind of thing while playing Exile. The admins of this particular server, which for now shall be left unnamed, are using the map editor to secure their base. This is at least the second location on the Altis map in their server that they have altered the map with the editor to fortify their base and possessions. I messaged one of the admins directly about this and he said, and I quote, "if you donate to our server, you can have access to the editor and do the same thing." To me, I think this is a little ridiculous and also a bit abusive of privileges. It is taking advantage of all of the time, effort and skill that goes into building and fortifying a base the way the game was designed for the players to do so. I will attach a few screen shots to show exactly what I am trying to describe. The first three pictures are the most recent "base" and the last picture is their previous attempt which is the large military hill just north west of the trader safe zone at the terminal. In the end, it is their server and if this is how they want to go about playing the game that's their problem. There are far too many other Exile servers to play on to really get my panties in a wad about these asshats but at the same time it's still pretty shitty imo. Thanks.

20160905145439_1.jpg20160905145618_1.jpg20160905145451_1.jpg20160724235154_1.jpg

20160613022515_1.jpg

Edited by 0PERAT0R.04

Everything's possible man and that's just how they choose to run their server. 

Easiest thing, as you have already intimated, is to vote with your feet if you don't like it. Some players love that pay 2 win stuff. 

Advertisement

Well I know its possible, because theyre doing it. I was just wondering if it was something that was common or normal and I would run into when playing on other servers. It does kinda suck because before they started doing this it was an enjoyable server to play on. Even if I did consider donating I dont think I could bring myself to take an advantage like that just to secure a base. 

if the server is running the extended base mod then everything you are showing can be built by players, if not just pick another server from the 1000+ available

Edited by second_coming

They are not running any other mods to the server other than vanilla Exile. And I have saved in steam messages that they were in fact using the editor to build up the walls rather than actually building them themselves by collecting/buying the materials and constructing them. 

Yet when the devs ran an official server that avoided all of this, nobody played on it :) 

1 person likes this

Advertisement