dumbtube

How should I update config files on my server?

6 posts in this topic

How would I update config files on my server? I have 0.9.8 and I want to update it to 1.0.1 but have been having some problems loading in, (stuck on loading map screen)

I have a lot in my exile_server_config.pbo config file and want to update it but don't want to copy and paste everything over again when I setup my old one. How should I go about this?

1 hour ago, dumbtube said:

How would I update config files on my server? I have 0.9.8 and I want to update it to 1.0.1 but have been having some problems loading in, (stuck on loading map screen)

I have a lot in my exile_server_config.pbo config file and want to update it but don't want to copy and paste everything over again when I setup my old one. How should I go about this?

I'm not entirely positive , but I think your gonna have to replace the old configs with the new, and then add everything custom that you added to the old ones, into the new.  As far as I can tell, since 0.9.8 there have been quite a few additions to exile, as well as changes in the coding itself. So to be 100% safe and sure you will get a server up and running, I'd say do just that.

P.S. WinMerge is a great program to use to help you get through all this without pulling your hair out :P

**Edit** 

Edited by vapology

Advertisement

make sure to update your description.ext, it has a skipLobby = 1; or something like that, it is needed, else you will be stuck on "loading map"

28 minutes ago, StokesMagee said:

make sure to update your description.ext, it has a skipLobby = 1; or something like that, it is needed, else you will be stuck on "loading map"

where would I find this file? description.ext??

35 minutes ago, StokesMagee said:

I found it, and I have it enabled, its just that when I load in, I get this screen after the loading map... I can't move or esc out. 

arma3_160905_2130264.JPG

11 hours ago, dumbtube said:

I found it, and I have it enabled, its just that when I load in, I get this screen after the loading map... I can't move or esc out. 

arma3_160905_2130264.JPG

read the RPT (the logs) and see if there is any errors and @ExileServer is being loaded.

Advertisement