Paul

Time Offset / Sunset time

7 posts in this topic

Hi All

I've just created a new server which is using real time rather than static time, but the server gets dark at about 6pm, which is a bit too early.

Is there a way to either:
1. Offset the time by 2 hours or so
2. Set a sunset and sunrise time so that we can make the sun go down later

Thanks
Paul

i believe the server runs of your local time although its probably off as you said like 2 hours cus of daylight savings maybe?

unless its accurate to where your hosting

i definitely know foreign servers to me that use static time are always close to real time for their areas

theres always a persistent time and weather script someone put up a few weeks ago you can try although haven't seen exactly what you can do control wise with it

Edited by Crazy Mike

Advertisement

@second_coming:
You do something like this in occupation:
SC_fastNightsStarts             = 18;                       // Start fast nights at this hour (24 hour clock) eg. 18 for 6pm
SC_fastNightsMultiplierNight    = 24;                       // the time multiplier to use at night (12 = 12x speed)
SC_fastNightsEnds               = 6;                        // End fast nights at this hour (24 hour clock) eg. 6 for 6am
SC_fastNightsMultiplierDay      = 4;                        // the time multiplier to use during daylight hours (4 = 4x speed)

How do you set the night time start and finish, if you dont mind me asking, as this would be perfect for what I need?

it depends on the date you set, the date I use the daylight is more or less 6am-6pm

Thanks for the reply!

Doesn't the game use the server date as well as the time? Or would I need to set the staticTime to have a date earlier in the year? Currently, it's set at:
staticTime[] = {2039,10,24,14,00};

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Thanks for the reply!

Doesn't the game use the server date as well as the time? Or would I need to set the staticTime to have a date earlier in the year? Currently, it's set at:
staticTime[] = {2039,10,24,14,00};

I use:

staticTime[] = {2015,10,3,13,0};

Thanks, I'll try amending it and see what I get.

Advertisement