Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redbeard_Actual

Listing a Server?

18 posts in this topic

I have been reading through the forums and seen several references to a server listing section. I even followed the link in a couple posts. But it seems the link is no longer viable.

Has this section been removed? And is there a place I am allowed to list my servers on the forums? I would like people to come and check out the work I have been doing.

Advertisement

Thank you.

I tried several links that were in other posts and always got an error. It's nice to know there is still a spot to list servers.

Now to get a server announcement ready.

Not only is that link good, but if you look at the top of the forums, you'll see a section called "Servers".... 

I'm not sure what is up with that. For some reason, the link you speak of is not showing in my browser. Seriously, my browse settings must be messed up.

1 minute ago, Redbeard_Actual said:

I'm not sure what is up with that. For some reason, the link you speak of is not showing in my browser. Seriously, my browse settings must be messed up.

Yep, Browser settings. I can see it now. YAY!!!

Thanks.

While on the subject, I am probably missing something obvious, but what is the point of having a list of 648 servers if we cannot filter nor search it on some common terms?

I can sort the list according to one single criteria out of a dozen, but that's still not too far from a full scan. I can try and search using the field at the top right and change "All Content" to "Servers", but that doesn't seem to work well.

For instance, I want to find some PvE servers in Europe using the Altis map. If I search for "pve" in the top right field, I get no results even though plenty of servers have this substring in their name. I suspect that the "pve" string is too short, but it doesn't say so on the result page. The map may not be in the server name. Actually the sort fields have all the information one would want to filter on, and if there was a multi-choice filter on these columns, the list will become way more usable. Or maybe help us use the top right search field to filter through multitple fields, like "pve europe tanoa" or at the very least on a three-letter substring? Hopefully it is technically possible.

Sorry again if I missed some obvious way of filtering the server list.

5 hours ago, neofit said:

While on the subject, I am probably missing something obvious, but what is the point of having a list of 648 servers if we cannot filter nor search it on some common terms?

a3launcher has better filters. You can filter servers using that and then look up the servers here to read more in-depth about them. If they are a sponsored server on a3launcher, you can read more about them on the launcher instead.

1 person likes this

I submitted a listing for our Server #1. Hope I got the tagging as accurate as possible.

Thanks for getting me to think about my browser settings, BetterDeadThanZed. I thought it was just some things missing due to the recent hack. Then realized I was using a freshly installed browser. I feel like a dumb ass for not checking that first. I had the zoom set higher than normal and it made the site all weird.

Advertisement