Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatSick

Help With building an Ai Base

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

Would any one be able to point me in the right direction. I am trying to build an Ai base. I managed to build the structure  for my base with M3editor - 3den edition and it up loads just fine. My problem is populating it with bad guys, I added Ai with M3editor and to say the least the are thick as pig poo when i play it in the editor, but even worse when i upload it to my server (running Napf ) they don't move at all, they guys just stand there. I gave them way points in the editor but that didn't help. The cars i added as a reward for clearing the base blow up on server start and the loot crates i added (filled with what limited stuff the editor would let me add) are empty, there but empty.

Could some one please give me some hints as to how I would go about adding Ai and loot to my base. Im a bit of a noob so ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance. And a BIG thank you to the exile team for there mod.

Fat Sick

(NEW ZEALAND)

Advertisement

On my custom missions, I still use A3XAI to do the AI.

I know what you mean about vehicles too. Make sure that they are very slightly off the floor and aren't too close to anything else. Normally, we'd lose 1 vehicle out of the 6 or so on the mission (it was a BIG mission).

For crates, I used another script (for roadblocks I think it was) which filled the crates with one of a few set stacks of loot.

@FatSick you should use one of the AI mods, there is DMS (good for allowing random spawning and repeated missions during a restart cycle), VEMF (not tried static with this), A3XAI ( out of support but still a good AI system if a little server heavy - but this one only spawns the missions once on restart and when they are done they are done).

I have written a fair few static and random missions and posted as much help about coding them as possible:

has some stuff about how to fill crates etc (but positioning is relative in bandit missions) or you can look up any of my static missions and I include a "how to" file - like

take a look and ask if you need help

Thanks So much for every ones help. I will give it a go over the next week and post results here. The scripting may be over my head but ill try :)

Fat sick

@ShockWave  

I have done all my work thus far for Napf, so I will build the base for that. @red_ned has posted some super helpful script's above if your looking for some resources :)

Tanoa does look like an awesome map though. unfortunately, between buying the game at full price when it came out and buying the DLC, I have spent all the money I'm going to spend on it for now

Edited by FatSick

Advertisement