Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the IT guy

[SOLVED] New to this

10 posts in this topic

Found this mod yesterday and was wondering if there is a special way to install this mod to get it working. after work, i plan on setting it up. hopefully i dont mess anything up cause i have yet to play on tanoa...

Just download the client files, extract them, and drop the @Exile folder into your Arma 3 game folder.

Alternatively, download A3Launcher and install the mod using that :)

Advertisement

Hardest thing about this mod is deciding the server to play on. LOL. There are so many choices out there. Look to the top of the forums here click Server. Exile has allowed owners to advertise here to make finding your perfect server easier. Good luck and have fun.

for your first time playing id recommend just playing on one of the "OP" servers that give you alot to start with so you can easily check out all the features exile has to offer, not to mention the plethora of extra scripts many servers use to enhance the experience, then after you get a hang for it find a higher pop less "OP" server to setup on :P

lol from what it sounds like, there is a ton of servers to play on. how do i know which server is an 'OP' server?

Just now, the IT guy said:

lol from what it sounds like, there is a ton of servers to play on. how do i know which server is an 'OP' server?

usually itll be in the title, for starters poptabs are the currency you get from selling items and vehicles to traders aswell as killing other players and looting the poptabs they have on them, some servers give you enough to start which you can head to the traders and get from the lockers (bank) then you can check out what each trader does usually there marked (marked on the map aswell) 

heres a quick list of all the exile map markers to help you find your way around once your ingame

22 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

usually itll be in the title, for starters poptabs are the currency you get from selling items and vehicles to traders aswell as killing other players and looting the poptabs they have on them, some servers give you enough to start which you can head to the traders and get from the lockers (bank) then you can check out what each trader does usually there marked (marked on the map aswell) 

heres a quick list of all the exile map markers to help you find your way around once your ingame

cool thanks! ill check it out when i have everything installed and good to go! thanks for the info

Advertisement