BiNoX

Day/Night - Server Automatic Restart - Admin Tools -

18 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have just recently started my own Exile server and it is running pretty smooth. I have a couple people already joining my server and I can see that there are some features i would like to modify/add. I have tried in different ways but it never seems to work and I am in need of some help :o.

Night/Day Cycle Issue:

I wish to change the length of the day/night cycles. I have read that to had ''SetTimeMultiplier'' and add a number would do it but for some reason it does not for me...

If someone could maybe show me how to script it instead i would be great full.

Automatic Restart:

In the exile mod there is a feature that when activated you can automatically restart your server and set it to lock by itself before with certain amount of time and after the reboot until the server is ready to accept players. I love this feature and would like to implement it on the server. I have set it up and the problem i am getting is that the server locks but never reboots?

Admin Tools:

I am looking for some admin tools, i came across infiSTAR and it looks like a perfect tool, but i currently do not have the necessarily funds for it -_-. What would you guys suggest would work best as an alternative? 

Sorry for all these questions, I will probably have more, but for now these are the ones that will help me the most. I have researched and tried a lot of different things before posting here for some help.

Thanks for your help!

BiNoX

Edited by BiNoX

Hello BiNoX,

For the day and night i would suggest adding the addons DMS + A3 occupancy, A3 occupancy has a great control over day and night cycle in the config, plus it will give you AI mission and roming AI these are all configurable.

The auto restart in Exile does not shutdown your server it only displays a msg in game telling your players the server is going to restart soon, if you are on a Dedi you use a restart.bat to restart your server or if your on a hosted you set up a auto restart Scheduler that most hosted server offer. 3-4 hours is good restart times.

i think chris would shad a tear seeing it called infiShit and not infistar but yes infistar is a great admin tool for servers with buttload of feature and updates all the times to help your server.

Hope the info helps.

Edited by KillingRe
1 person likes this

Advertisement
2 minutes ago, KillingRe said:

i think chris would shad a tear seeing it called infiShit and not infistar but yes infistar is a great admin tool for servers with buttload of feature and updates all the times to help your server.

personally if I were Chris I'd deliberately not sell it to this guy even if he had the money

Sorry about that....i have modified it....this wasen't intentional...

@KillingRe

Thanks a lot for the info! I already have DMS installed along with Zombies & Demons (Rynzombies) and those are working fine. Is  A3 occupancy part of DMS or is it something i need to add?

For the restart, if i understand correctly i just set it up to restart every 4 hours for exemple and the settings i modify in the config.cpp will be applied before and after the reboot.

Again, sorry for the missunderstanding with the name. I was actually reading about the tool and someone called it like that.....stuck in my head O.o. Feel really bad about that..

Thanks for the help!

Edited by BiNoX

@BiNoX it seems your in luck with the auto restarts @Michael Cullen just released this maybe it will help in what you are looking for.

For the occupancy it hooks into DMS giving you Roming AI in heli, Veh or boats and on foot with bandits and survivors but it also has a day and night feature in it. if you dont want any of the roming ai you can turn it off and just use the Day and Night feature just play around in the config.

1 person likes this

@KillingRe WOW! Awsome information!! :rock: This stuff is great, @second_coming did a great work on that script!!! Trying to figure out how to install it on the server but can't wait to use both links you gave me. This will greatly help me out!

@KillingRe Would you perhaps know how to display messages on the server? Is there a good mod for this, or is it better to try and script it in the config.cpp itself?

Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it!!

Alot of people use Battleye Extended Controls (Bec) to display msg in chat every few mins like infomation about server and server shutdown time if your on a hosted server you should already have it maybe if not here is a link http://ibattle.org/ and there are guides 

Hey @KillingRe, i have manage to work with the autorestarts and also the A3_Occupation. That fixed my day and night cycle and it is very nice now. As for the BEC mod, they mention that it works on Dedicated only. So i am trying to see if i am gonna try it anyways or see if i can't find anything else. For admin tools...well haven't found anything yet other then infiSTAR.

Thanks a lot for your help on this!!

Glad to hear @BiNoX things are working for you. If your on a hosted server they may already have bec installed look in the main DIR for a folder called BEC or on the Contorl panel for 

unknown.png

I have a Rented host and they have it installed but i also have a Dedicated and i did need to install that manually for that. As for infiSTAR for exile there really is not any other but if you get some funds i would invest in it as its free updates. 

Advertisement