shahin

My thoughts on raiding.

18 posts in this topic

As much as I respect the direction of Exile mod is taking, I feel as though raiding is a step backwards. It is currently too long and tedious with almost no gain.  And the system of having a chance to break is almost worth nothing. I understand that server owners can choose the time between the charges being set (although i strongly feel exile should lower the base number to 70 seconds a charge), but having to hack into virtual garage or a safe is almost impossible especially in a full 60 slot server. Raiding a standard exile base could take roughly an hour or two, without even touching the safe or the virtual garage. There will usually be an outer wall followed by a inner wall for the loot and flag room. Once you break through two to three walls to hit the loot room, you may commence hacking. Hacking itself needs to be completely reworked. Prepping almost 100k worth of explosives (again server could vary) is not worth it at all. A chance to break whilst the entire server is notified means its almost impossible to ever get anything done. This is also a concern for people who play alone or small groups. Meaning raiding is not viable at all. I do how ever respect the time it takes to steal the flag. I also like the idea behind the person and or family who owns the flag gets notified when there base is under attack via either the xm8 and or the xm8 APP. (but not the entire server)

For anyone who reads this and hasn't experienced raiding first hand try it yourself and then express how you feel about this post. 

I would also love to hear the devs feedback on this.

 

Edited by shahin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do know that hacking and virtual garage aren't part of Exile, right?

In regards to safes, I made them rather prohibitively expensive to own, so people have to use crates more. I also wish there was an object like a metal shelf that holds 5000, and can't be packed or locked. Maybe make it cost 4 poles and 3 boards to craft. I agree though, raiding a base is high risk, high cost, and very low reward, and it's been that way from the start due to safes. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Thermal scanners mate, they mate things stealthy and easy unless the server where you play has them removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my only problem with how they went with raiding that on "non-op" servers raiding is basically impossible especially is explosives are hard to find, besides that for the "op" servers the raiding as it is is good

3 hours ago, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

You do know that hacking and virtual garage aren't part of Exile, right?

In regards to safes, I made them rather prohibitively expensive to own, so people have to use crates more. I also wish there was an object like a metal shelf that holds 5000, and can't be packed or locked. Maybe make it cost 4 poles and 3 boards to craft. I agree though, raiding a base is high risk, high cost, and very low reward, and it's been that way from the start due to safes. 

use extended base mod and restrict most of the unrealistic items, among those there are a few gems that base exile would really benefit from, one being the above mentioned metal shelf ;P, the extra mod download is honestly worth it if you want balanced base raiding on high end bases

Edited by Crazy Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

my only problem with how they went with raiding that on "non-op" servers raiding is basically impossible especially is explosives are hard to find, besides that for the "op" servers the raiding as it is is good

use extended base mod and restrict most of the unrealistic items, among those there are a few gems that base exile would really benefit from, one being the above mentioned metal shelf ;P, the extra mod download is honestly worth it if you want balanced base raiding on high end bases

See, I had EBM installed but for some reason it caused anyone who didn't have it to crash upon attempting to join. 

It's not helping that a good portion of my logs are filled with

[2016-09-09 | 19:32:34] Player #0 <<LR>> vagabond (xxxx) connected


[2016-09-09 | 19:32:39] Player #0 <<LR>> vagabond - GUID: xxxxxx
[2016-09-09 | 19:32:39] Verified GUID (xxxxxx) of player #0 <<LR>> vagabond
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:13] Player #0 <<LR>> vagabond disconnected
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:28] Player #0 mike (xxxx) connected
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:29] Player #0 mike - GUID: xxxxxx
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:29] Verified GUID (xxxxxx) of player #0 mike
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:35] Player #0 mike disconnected

which I can't figure out for the life of me. Dunno if it's just randies who don't have Exile/Apex attempting to join, or if there's a legitimate issue with the server itself, since I don't have any issues, nor do the group of people on my TS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

See, I had EBM installed but for some reason it caused anyone who didn't have it to crash upon attempting to join. 

It's not helping that a good portion of my logs are filled with

 

  Reveal hidden contents

[2016-09-09 | 19:32:34] Player #0 <<LR>> vagabond (xxxx) connected


[2016-09-09 | 19:32:39] Player #0 <<LR>> vagabond - GUID: xxxxxx
[2016-09-09 | 19:32:39] Verified GUID (xxxxxx) of player #0 <<LR>> vagabond
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:13] Player #0 <<LR>> vagabond disconnected
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:28] Player #0 mike (xxxx) connected
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:29] Player #0 mike - GUID: xxxxxx
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:29] Verified GUID (xxxxxx) of player #0 mike
[2016-09-09 | 19:46:35] Player #0 mike disconnected

 

which I can't figure out for the life of me. Dunno if it's just randies who don't have Exile/Apex attempting to join, or if there's a legitimate issue with the server itself, since I don't have any issues, nor do the group of people on my TS. 

helped me a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe one idea to improve raiding would be adding a Charge for the safe. Once used it blows the door off the safe making it unlocked permanently, and leaving the loot inside (with a chance to destroy 1/4th of the loot).

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

helped me a bit

Still doesn't help the whole "X connected then 20 seconds later X disconnected" situation. I might look into it once I get populated again.

2 hours ago, shahin said:

Maybe one idea to improve raiding would be adding a Charge for the safe. Once used it blows the door off the safe making it unlocked permanently, and leaving the loot inside (with a chance to destroy 1/4th of the loot).

Eh, I'd rather a safe charge that just blows the lock off, so it either comes back after restart, or a player can buy a new codelock and readd it. 

Edited by The Raging Kerfuffle
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

 

Eh, I'd rather a safe charge that just blows the lock off, so it either comes back after restart, or a player can buy a new codelock and readd it. 

also a really good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.