Eichi

Alternative XM8 Notifications?

Would you like XM8 notifications sent via email and our forum?   207 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like XM8 notifications sent via email and our forum?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

Wouldn't sending text messages be better option for what you trying to achieve? emails are subject to delay, addresses added to blacklist, bounced emails may get you in trouble depending on who your providers are I know its big deal with the big cloud providers such as AWS. something different to thing about. 

Edited by Aggro

Advertisement
On 15/09/2016 at 1:49 AM, Lucaboox (Phone probs) said:

Why not make a chrome plugin or something like that? It probably wont be as annoying as an email thing

Not everyone uses chrome, as far as I'm aware plugins are non existent on phones, the idea was to make the use easy, easy to access, not limit it.

I have tested the "in-browser" variant. Works perfect on desktops, mobile android browsers, but not on iOS devices. They do not support notifications coming from the browser yet. It is on Apples "5-year-plan" -.-

An alternative would be a desktop client, but that would obviously only inform you when your computer is on. So no "on-the-go" notifications. Have been fooling around with that a bit during the night. Could look like this:

c7060b7afa.png

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Eichi said:

I have tested the "in-browser" variant. Works perfect on desktops, mobile android browsers, but not on iOS devices. They do not support notifications coming from the browser yet. It is on Apples "5-year-plan" -.-

An alternative would be a desktop client, but that would obviously only inform you when your computer is on. So no "on-the-go" notifications. Have been fooling around with that a bit during the night. Could look like this:

c7060b7afa.png

*smile*

1 hour ago, macchky said:

@Eichi You can use this for both android and iOS on server side

mercari/gaurun: General push notification server in Go https://github.com/mercari/gaurun

Server side is not the problem. The problem is iOS, or Apple to be more precise. It is just too expensive.

Advertisement