neofit

Equipment loss upon reconnect

Question

I went 3 months back and didn't see anything posted here on this issue. I think it won't hurt if I report this, so here goes.

This week-end I've played on 5 different Exile servers trying to find the best combination of settings and features for me. All of them restart from every 3 hours to 6 hours. I've been through a few restarts in many of them, all Exile 1.0.1, and noticed that sometimes I was losing equipment when logging back in.

Symptom: no Uniform or Vest (and their contents) upon logging in. No loss of a backpack so far, and I didn't notice any loss of crucial gear from inside containers. I had a few cases of "where is the damn scope" or MG ammo, but I can't be sure I didn't mess up myself on these.

I don't have a 10000 log-ins sample to draw relevant statistics from, there were probably twenty of them over the week-end, and I lost 3 uniforms and 2 vests. One one occasion, when I was disconnected due to my ISP, my sleek Gendarmerie uniform was replaced by an orange bambi piece, thanks for hiding my shame. The other times gear just goes poof with its contents.
I had two other disconnects caused by the ISP who was apparently having a bad week-end, in which I did NOT lose any vest nor uniform.
The other losses happened after I logged back in after a normal "Disconnect" before a scheduled server restart.
Twice I did not disconnect for a scheduled restart and was kicked off. I did not lose any vest/uniform both times. Maybe crossing my fingers really really hard helped.

Pieces lost include a fancy TRYK number, some RHS piece I don't remember, a DLC Gendarmerie uniform, as well as a stock Arma3 Police Vest on a server with no mods allowed besides Exile. So it's not just some equipment mod wreaking havoc, it's all over the place.

4 answers to this question

I'm only losing small stuff so far.... ( stuff like helmet or any type or cover for the head...gps...compass...map ) it's sporadically and sometimes stuff is gone even when playing but this has only been with maps and compasses so far..funny thing no radio was lost yet ). Stuff like helmets or caps are lost after reconnecting or are there. Don't know what causes this weird bug.

I keep losing stuff. Something new I noticed, is that if I disconnect with my main AR inside the backpack, when I am back all attachments will become unattached, and most of the time just gone. I must be the trader's best Nightstalker customer.

Advertisement

Same on my server. Vest, helmet, map lost after palyer went inside. Not all players, not always, but almost all times.

So things are getting worse somehow...losing bigger stuff up to ending up with only the vest left, losing the primary, losing the backpack. When i'm lucky i get part of the starterkit meaning a pistol, some clothing and a small backpack. Or might this be a possible cause some people are losing stuff randomly? ( f.e. when switching uniforms, gear or backpack the map of compass is lost ).

Advertisement