Crazy Mike

How to convert the 1.0.1 Exile.Altis vanilla map to any map of your choice

21 posts in this topic

Keep seeing the same question over and over in various posts, this is how I did my map in less then 2 minutes on my new server.

PBO Manager - required

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Done with CUP but will work with others

CUP Core http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30044

CUP Terrain http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30045

Quick and easy guide how to MAGICALLY transform the vanilla Exile.Altis mission file into a Exile.anycupmap mission file 

1. Rename your CUP_Terrain_Core to CUP_Core / Rename your CUP_Terrain_Maps to CUP_Terrain (You do NOT have to, but it makes it simpler to distinguish to two, for me anyway, just make sure there are no spaces in the folder names, of any mod you have, as they might end up messing up)

2. Take the two BI keys from CUP_Core and CUP_Terrain and place them in your Keys folder in your server root. Make sure both are in the Keys folder as that is what tells connecting players if they do not have the mods required to play.

b1f556b882ce248cfd60313b873418c8.gif

3. Go into your Exile Auto Start.bat and make sure you have the correct folder name for CUP_Core and CUP_Terrain

f715ce28096248d7321075e2790c5ac8.gif

4. Un-PBO the Exile.Altis mission and open it then go into the mission.sqm, you are looking for the addons section at the top

990c9327dd4574c041404b6de2fdec8d.png

5. Replace what is in the screenshot above with what is in the screenshot below. Make sure they are the correct folder names

36bdedf950f8d2af238c691b404ce820.png

6. Rename the folder that is Exile.Altis to Exile.Chernarus (Any CUP map will work, when setting the map name, make sure the pbo for your map from CUP Terrain / Maps is the same name of the map, example below)

6e69907502432d7c4150966d4254d80b.gif

You will have to adjust the mission.sqm map markers and possibly ghost player locations (what clients sit in while they load into their actual character),this will come after testing when you load into your server and make sure its working

9d8bf49211399c192b8c3ea97eb4e67d.gif

7. Now head over to your @Exileserver folder which will contain the file config.cfg, and at the bottom put in your new mission file.

48572dfc4a86061658d04747f0d529ab.gif

8. Your mission file is now updated for 1.0.1 AND set to your map of choice, I highly recommend CUP as it comes in handy later having almost every single map asset from the old games, aswell as quite a few extras that you only really saw on custom A2 maps, many enterable many not.

9. For enviorment effects, go into the Config.cpp file and rename Altis to Chernarus in ExileEnviroment, also // out the other sections as they wont be needed, then customize at will.

3636f71fd34fb7f0c93adf8f32b1ad0a.gif

other mods will work to, A2OP as an example

One more good habit of making is backing up and saving old various PBO files before you edit them incase anything goes wrong, hopefully your way of backing up "safe points" is a bit cleaner then mine but it hasn't failed me yet!

6c65df45e6afb0334dc4f75ee946d092.gif

026aaa4923e6a3facd2a91a0caad3630.gif

Edited by Crazy Mike
5 people like this

16 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

First of all thank you for posting this, i am struggling a little with it... Although when i do everything as you said i get :

16:17:35 Missing addons detected:
16:17:35   CUP_Core

Lol as i was checking up new setup ive managed to get it working, but "CUP_Core" in mission.sqm WILL NOT work. I had to get required addons from config of a PBO of map that i wanted to use it and add these along all others from CUP terain and map... Im doing Nogova map from CUPs, and when it comes to choosing a mission file you need characteristic name for each map, my requires Exile.Noe not Exile.Nogova, Chernarus works cos addon is called Chernarus. Peace ;)

Advertisement
Just now, [OMG]Slim said:

First of all thank you for posting this, i am struggling a little with it... Although when i do everything as you said i get :

16:17:35 Missing addons detected:
16:17:35   CUP_Core

Lol as i was checking up new setup ive managed to get it working, but "CUP_Core" in mission.sqm WILL NOT work. I had to get required addons from config of a PBO of map that i wanted to use it and add these along all others from CUP terain and map... Im doing Nogova map from CUPs, and when it comes to choosing a mission file you need characteristic name for each map, my requires Exile.Noe not Exile.Nogova, Chernarus works cos addon is called Chernarus. Peace ;)

yea that would be handy to know ill put that in the post

Just now, Crazy Mike said:

yea that would be handy to know ill put that in the post

Cool man ;) Thanks, also (sorry for being pushy) i dont work on basis of unpacking and packing PBOs, you could mention how to change prefix on the PBO of MPmissionfile for others who like to copy and paste stuff in and out of PBOs ;) (to create new one i just copy existing one and change prefix, the again opening it and move files in and out)

3 minutes ago, [OMG]Slim said:

Cool man ;) Thanks, also (sorry for being pushy) i dont work on basis of unpacking and packing PBOs, you could mention how to change prefix on the PBO of MPmissionfile for others who like to copy and paste stuff in and out of PBOs ;) (to create new one i just copy existing one and change prefix, the again opening it and move files in and out)

yea bis pbos are real nice for editing work thats in use and backing up / changing shit

1 minute ago, Crazy Mike said:

yea bis pbos are real nice for editing work thats in use and backing up / changing shit

Is your server running mission from a folder or PBO?

4 minutes ago, [OMG]Slim said:

Is your server running mission from a folder or PBO?

I have the PBO and an identical folder so i can make edits quickly, once my server is up I will only be having a pbo as i wont need to edit every 20 minutes :)

dont run your mission by folder, defiantly keep everything pbo'd, some thing wont work outside a pbo anyway

Just now, Crazy Mike said:

I have the PBO and an identical folder so i can make edits quickly, once my server is up I will only be having a pbo as i wont need to edit every 20 minutes :)

dont run your mission by folder, defiantly keep everything pbo'd, some thing wont work outside a pbo anyway

Yeh thats basically what i do to :) I just wanted to clarify it how you run it cos it seemed to me that you run it from folder lol xD All good though, thanks for tips. its quite cool to be back at A3 xD

Just now, [OMG]Slim said:

Yeh thats basically what i do to :) I just wanted to clarify it how you run it cos it seemed to me that you run it from folder lol xD All good though, thanks for tips. its quite cool to be back at A3 xD

i have before by mistake but i wouldn't chance it never know what might go wrong

Im still getting error,

23:03:32 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CUP_Core
23:03:32 Missing addons detected:
23:03:32   CUP_Core

Advertisement