Enforcer1975

Vehicles blowing up in base.

Question

So i have been having the problem that vehicles just blow up randomly either when i'm near them or get close to my base after restart. It kind of sucks to have to buy a vehicle or two every other day and it's still full of stuff...it's so much safer to just hide the vehicle in the woods than in a "safe" base. I thought this problem has been adressed already? Really losing the fun in playing when you have to grind money to get a vehicle every time that happens. Just lost 1 a week or two ago and 3 in the laat 2 days.

18 answers to this question

What i have found out.   Vehicles placed need to have 360degree free room around it.     and not placed on exile construction items.  then they do not blow up.

when they load in they "jump/turn" around  and construction make them collide and explode.

It's an Arma thing. Happened a lot in Epoch too.

From what I remember of the issue, Arma loads vehicles in simulated mode facing true north, then re-orients the vehicle to the direction it was last in before the last server restart according to the info provided by the server's database. If that means it then collides with a solid object while re-orienting itself, then what you get is damage and sometimes that damage is enough to cause it to explode.

2 people like this

Advertisement

Souredsoup is correct there, arma is a bitch when spawning vehicles... One of best solutions is virtual garage.

Think there is a script around that gives locked vehicles a certain time of godmode on server restart.

1 hour ago, Craminu said:

What i have found out.   Vehicles placed need to have 360degree free room around it.     and not placed on exile construction items.  then they do not blow up.

when they load in they "jump/turn" around  and construction make them collide and explode.

At first i thought it was that way too because my first vehicle literally blew up behind my back and in the face of my buddy, fortunately for us the vehicle bugged through the ceiling of the "cave" we were in ( the cave west of the temple ruins ). If anyone thinks it might be the cave...it could be but i also had vehicles more around in front of it without having something above them. I don't know why the game keeps moving them to another spot after every restart when the coordinates and orientation are supposed to be saved in the database.

So after i had another accident where 2 vehicles that were 5m apart somehow managed to stand next to eachother and explode when i got close to the base and another one hugging the wall on the opposite side ( moved by at least 10m after restart obviously ) i started to build a proper bae with flooring and all. The floor itself was not more than 1m above the earth and i had 2 stories of air above. But i still lost a truck that had at least 5m free space around. It#s really weird because my other truck that was on the other end had the same space to the structures. The base was about 4x3 wide with the vehicles standing in the middle with lots of space. The sides were for a bench and campfire and the other side was "private" rooms with shelves and stuff.

Edited by Enforcer1975

39 minutes ago, RetardMagnet said:

Think there is a script around that gives locked vehicles a certain time of godmode on server restart.

That doesn't seem to be the problem. This is an old bug from ArmA where a vehicle basically floats a few cm above the ground and is "activated" and drops to the ground when a player gets close. That isn't the real problem though because if the vehicles were where you put them the last time and not randomly move all of a sudden at some point ( restart or whatever ) they wouldn't collide with eachother in the first place.

If there is a script we need something than gives them godmode until the owner interacts with them, ofc only when they are in the base. Or a virtual garage which would take the fun out of base raiding unless they can access the garage ( we do have moedls for garages or vehicles bunkers iirc ) then they would be safe from game bugs. But that would mean more stuff for the database.

Edited by Enforcer1975

13 hours ago, RetardMagnet said:

There is. I also have an edited one of that script which gives them god mode until they are 'updated' (you unlock it etc) instead of until the point you sign in

I think I may have accidentally blown up someone's vehicle yesterday. I was riding around after a restart looking for a place to plant my flag when I hear an explosion. I look to one side and see at a distance someone's base with what appeared to be, when I got closer, a vehicle burning on his porch. I suppose that they will get "activated" when someone comes along, any player, with the possibility of blowing up? At the time I thought it was the "destroyed after 7 days of no usage" script that did it in a creative way since there were no AIs not players nearby.

7 hours ago, neofit said:

I think I may have accidentally blown up someone's vehicle yesterday. I was riding around after a restart looking for a place to plant my flag when I hear an explosion. I look to one side and see at a distance someone's base with what appeared to be, when I got closer, a vehicle burning on his porch. I suppose that they will get "activated" when someone comes along, any player, with the possibility of blowing up? At the time I thought it was the "destroyed after 7 days of no usage" script that did it in a creative way since there were no AIs not players nearby.

Exactly like that. A player gets close, vehicle is triggered active and goes boom for whatever reason.

I know having vehicles spawn in exactly the same spot in the same direction is doable from ArmA 1 with some database work. 

Edited by Enforcer1975

Advertisement