RastaLulz ツ

Does ExileZ work?

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Just wondering, does ExileZ work? Or is there still the frame lag / spike lag issue?

Advertisement

ExileZ 2.0 by @Patrix87 works great. Just be sure to set it up with your server specs in mind.

1 person likes this

It definitely is a resource hog.

Does not offload zombies to clients.

Lag spikes.

But right now it's the only publically available zombie spawner. v0v

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Tobias Solem said:

It definitely is a resource hog.

Does not offload zombies to clients.

Lag spikes.

But right now it's the only publically available zombie spawner. v0v

Both ExileZ and Ryan's Zombies are horrible. The code for Z&D is written very, very poorly. The only thing it's good for is the models. The AI should be completely rewritten (which I'm about to do when I can get back to working on A3 stuff). ExileZ is pretty bad with it's heavy use of triggers, and honestly you're better off just writing your own spawner that offloads the AI scripts to the client.

I use ExileZ2 on my server but completely agree with Kobayashi. It needed significant tweaking to the environment so the server could cope with the load and still provide the experience my players were looking for. It does work but the Zed are nowhere near as good as the ones in DayZ Mod IMHO and they weren't great.

I did note on the latest Frankie vid that the zed appeared to have different AI to the ones in Z&D so not sure if there's something coming down the pipeline on that front as he has in the past paid people to improve their mod for his vids. Might have just been careful editing though.....

Zombies and demons, doesnt really have MP in mind. 

Simply slapping it on a server, even with a spawner such as ExileZ, is going to drain resources. But unfortunately the benchmark for an EXILE server these days is 25 fps while using a 50 terrain grid so people dont really notice the servers are burning behind the scenes, desync, lag, low fps seems to not bother anyone.

Unless you overwrite the Z&D code, every single zombie that spawns, will create a new thread on the server.. anyone that knows anything about ARMA code knows while loops are intensive on resources.

I wouldn't recommend Z&D in Exile, unless you rewrite the logic.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

I did note on the latest Frankie vid that the zed appeared to have different AI to the ones in Z&D so not sure if there's something coming down the pipeline on that front as he has in the past paid people to improve their mod for his vids. Might have just been careful editing though.....

That server uses TornZ2 by Torndeco. It's completely rewritten and optimized. 

Maca tells me that even with all those mods, a server with around 45 players still runs at acceptable server FPS&CPS. 

So yeah, while exileZ "does the job" of spawning zombies, the core still is very poorly optimized. And will really drag your server down if you get past 25 players. 

1 person likes this

I wish they would keep more true to the community aspect and release more of their amazing stuff... :(

Basically just execute this in ExileZ:

ryanzombiesdisablescript = 1;
publicVariable "ryanzombiesdisablescript";

That will shut off the AI. Assign the unit an FSM after creating it and run it client side and that will fix most of the problems. You can probably take the FSM for zombies in DayZ and alter it to work with Z&D if you wanted to.

1 person likes this

Advertisement