Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1B0Y

Questions regarding Editor with 3DEN

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So, for the past few days, i've been trying to load my missions.sqm into the Editor so that I can convert it to the Chernarus map. Before I tried this, I wanted to see if the missions file would even load into the Editor. The issue i keep having is that when I try to load my mission, it keeps asking me to convert the map. If I convert, missions.sqm is wiped and nothing is placed in the Editor. This counts for all sides also.

Is anyone else facing this issue or is it just me? :\

Hey :)

I have quite the same problem.. Iwant to edit the Altis Map in the 3D-Editor. If I just unpack the pbo and try to open it with the editor, it is in 2D Format (version=12). If I try to open & convert the mission file, I get the same result as you: everything is wiped and nothing is placed in the editor.. Opening the Exile.Tanoa map works like a charm.

Can anyone help us to convert the 2D mission file to the 3D format? Or do you have a 3D version of Exile.Altis?

Edited by WhatEver

For the map itself, if you are not using one of the exile supported maps look here

For the objects on the map, especially in the mission.sqm map markers, simply go into your server, teleport where you want to put the marker and swap the coordinates for the marker your moving. the vanilla exile mission.sqm has EVERY exile map marker, you only need to edit the originals and copy them to create more, dont forget to number them from 0-10000000, and list the total number of map markers at the top of the section.

For objects download the exile 3DEN plugin and place the pbo and bsign into your exile folder, load up arma 3 with exile and w.e mods you need for the assets (cup maps core ect or gear mods to put on npcs) then go into the editor on your map and start placing objects, if you enable simulation and damage they will spawn loot, if you dont they become simple objects with no simulation and no real server bog

Advertisement