Crazy Mike

mods not showing up on launchers

16 posts in this topic

Closest section I could possibly think...

 

On A3Launcher I put my server up for some friends to test, I had gotten an error for a mod that the parameter wasn't how A3L wanted, so I changed that and it accepted, I come back a bit later to check for my server that it's gone up so my lazy friends can join off it, I'm currently missing 2 mods on the list of mods from my parameters, even though they did not have an error when I listed the server.

Mods;

JSRS dragon fyre eden (this is optional and i believe it doesn't show up on purpose)

Arma Enhanced Movement (this is not optional and there are other servers with this in their command line on A3L)

A3L also gave me an error when i had the mod folder and parameter named "@Arma_Enhanced_Movement;" so i took out the underscores as it downloads with spaces and it allowed my server to be posted, but then the mod itself did not pop up in the required mods list below the server name.

I'm most worried about the ladder as you will get errors trying to join my server without enhanced movement and I'd hate to lose it for a mod, if anyone else has had this problem posting their servers on A3L I'd love for your solutions to fix this on their launcher as it's almost mandatory for any server to be on there, and I don't want to skim the mod off my server as I know other servers have it on their command line no problem...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't load JSRS with a3launcher, as it's not in the list of mods. Arma Enhanced Movement requires both the regular version and the Exile version (Found on Steam). They are both server side only so they are put in the -servermod= part of the command line so they are not required and are optional like JSRS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
10 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

You can't load JSRS with a3launcher, as it's not in the list of mods. Arma Enhanced Movement requires both the regular version and the Exile version (Found on Steam). They are both server side only so they are put in the -servermod= part of the command line so they are not required and are optional like JSRS.

any way of putting it on the command line so players will launch from a3l with it loaded? I'll be putting it in the servermod line aswell but currently at work so a bit harder to test

42c3306a10f3de861e13218d3771cecc.png

The main Enhanced Movement download contains the exile pbo and I downloaded it alone on my server and client to test and it worked fine, I just want it to be launched from a3L as most people don't go out of their way to launch the game normally with mods enabled, jsrs is fine as thats a bit more niche but id like em to be loaded from a3l definitely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Crazy Mike I don't think you can use A3L to launch with mods that are not "on the list" of mods in A3L.
However, have you tried creating a shorcut for them, to launch arma3 + server ip + required mods?
I think I remember that there is a way to do that, just can't recall at this moment. I will dig around though.
Maybe this will help explain what I mean: http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/540743757701668023/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 5niper said:

@Crazy Mike I don't think you can use A3L to launch with mods that are not "on the list" of mods in A3L.
However, have you tried creating a shorcut for them, to launch arma3 + server ip + required mods?
I think I remember that there is a way to do that, just can't recall at this moment. I will dig around though.
Maybe this will help explain what I mean: http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/540743757701668023/

42c3306a10f3de861e13218d3771cecc.png

I can't get EM to show up on the list of mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I misunderstood. You mean that on your A3L EM is not on the mod list?
I see it on my A3L:
 

a3l.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5niper said:

I guess I misunderstood. You mean that on your A3L EM is not on the mod list?
I see it on my A3L:
 

a3l.png

yea and its launch parameter is also set, its just not showing up in my list of mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

yea and its launch parameter is also set, its just not showing up in my list of mods

I assume you're loading it with -servermod= ? If so, that's why it wouldn't show up, because it's not a required mod. It's optional, loaded on the server, not the client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I assume you're loading it with -servermod= ? If so, that's why it wouldn't show up, because it's not a required mod. It's optional, loaded on the server, not the client.

i tried both, they both dont show

 

when i originally tried to put the server up on a3launcher.eu, it gave me an error for em saying that arma_enhanced_movement was an unknown mod, when i reverted it to 'arma enhanced movement' it accepted it and let me check the server

Edited by Crazy Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Crazy Mike When you try it, each way, check the server on A3L using this link, and see what you get.
http://a3.launcher.eu/check

After each change to the server (mod wise), if you check it, and it's GREEN, it should show up in browser, after a while.
If it's RED, it usually because of an unrecognized mod.

 

Edited by 5niper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.