ImThatGuyM8

infiSTAR Question.

9 posts in this topic

Hello, i do not have a problem with infiSTAR but more of a question around it, i wonder why sometimes infistar only works when you put it in a @infiSTAR folder(Mod), and sometimes only in ExileServer Addons, and sometimes you can even use it without the servermod line., and it will still boot up somehow. It works every time for me but not neccerarily in the same way, and i install it the same way every time  too as the guide sais.

Why is this? One time when i installed it it would not work as the guide said, but it worked as the guide/forums said it would not. Again, i have no issue with infiSTAR, im just wondering why it acts this way sometimes. 

My host is GTX and that host panel can be a bit buggy at times. ( when i say a bit buggy, i mean too fff... buggy for my liking) Do not opt for the GTXGaming G2 Mod 'host panel', it is still in eeeeaaaarly beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always installed it as a server mod with the -servermod= parameter and it has always worked fine for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

That's not infiSTAR that's addons in general.

 

if you put it in your @Exileserver folder it gets run as well as when you leave it as it is in it's own folder and start it manually by adding it to -serverMod line.

That is because everything within @ExileServer\addons\HERE gets started, no matter the name or type.

simply because you tell the server to start the servermod @ExileServer and that counts for everything in there.

 

how you do it on your server is really "whatever" it just needs to start somehow :) you can do what you want

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.9.2016 at 6:18 PM, ImThatGuyM8 said:

Hello, i do not have a problem with infiSTAR but more of a question around it, i wonder why sometimes infistar only works when you put it in a @infiSTAR folder(Mod), and sometimes only in ExileServer Addons, and sometimes you can even use it without the servermod line., and it will still boot up somehow. It works every time for me but not neccerarily in the same way, and i install it the same way every time  too as the guide sais.

Why is this? One time when i installed it it would not work as the guide said, but it worked as the guide/forums said it would not. Again, i have no issue with infiSTAR, im just wondering why it acts this way sometimes. 

My host is GTX and that host panel can be a bit buggy at times. ( when i say a bit buggy, i mean too fff... buggy for my liking) Do not opt for the GTXGaming G2 Mod 'host panel', it is still in eeeeaaaarly beta.

G2 a product on trial yes, that's why it's not public yet and we are giving it only to certain customers to iron all the last bugs before going to public, but we are not having any complains about it or any bugs if used correctly.

My i ask why you say it's buggy as **** and why you want to avoid it ? All your feedback is important so we can track all final bugs and solve them, plus you can always be converted back to old Exile product if you are not happy, just drop me a ticket.

@ImThatGuyM8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rui Pedro said:

G2 a product on trial yes, that's why it's not public yet and we are giving it only to certain customers to iron all the last bugs before going to public, but we are not having any complains about it or any bugs if used correctly.

My i ask why you say it's buggy as **** and why you want to avoid it ? All your feedback is important so we can track all final bugs and solve them, plus you can always be converted back to old Exile product if you are not happy, just drop me a ticket.

@ImThatGuyM8

As of now, i could not install the steam update, it took 3 tries. Eventually it was completed the right way and did not end up in an error. Now Exile 1.0.2 won't install via the host panel so im doing it myself, and the dropdown menus are (and i can't stress this enough) annoying as anything can be, they drop down when you are trying to enter configuration files or something near that on the host panel and its a really persistent problem. The host panel lag was almost a gamebreaker for me but it has improved over the last 2 weeks, but it still lags a lot when you are in there doing things and everything you do tests your patience, mind you im on a 150/50, no lag, no wireless router, hardline and stable.  As i said in my previous post, avoid it until it comes out of its trial/beta, yes i signed of for the trial but i was in no way informed that it was a beta, the impression of it was supposed to improve my abilities within the host panel, which is all good and well, but only when it works.  Many of the tools are great and easy to use, but too many of the tools gives you more headache than its worth. For me it was easier to just do it myself without the panel for as much as i can, and when i do that things do what i tell them to do.  Might be just me wanting controll over what im doing, but when i can't trust that the host panel will do the job correctly, i would rather do it myself and blame ME if or when  something goes wrong.

 

Again, many of the tools in the G2 are great, some even awesome, but the errors and lag is for me a real annoyance, but i can live with it as i can do most things without the host panel. when i get things working like they should i dont need the panel unless i need to stop/start the server, everything else i can do externally, and thats how i learned what ive learned, learn by doing.   

But i also noticed there are sometimes sync errors between the files you upload and the files the host panel shows, sometimes it takes another restart before the changes are noticable in the host panel configuration files. 

Edited by ImThatGuyM8
added stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, infiSTAR said:

That's not infiSTAR that's addons in general.

 

if you put it in your @Exileserver folder it gets run as well as when you leave it as it is in it's own folder and start it manually by adding it to -serverMod line.

That is because everything within @ExileServer\addons\HERE gets started, no matter the name or type.

simply because you tell the server to start the servermod @ExileServer and that counts for everything in there.

 

how you do it on your server is really "whatever" it just needs to start somehow :) you can do what you want

 

Yes i know i can run it differently, my question was more of why it sometimes ONLY works a certain way, again, i have no problem with infiSTAR as i always get it working, but my method is the same every time and most of the time it works like that, but sometimes it just will not work that way and i have to change it, again, why is that? I don't have this issue with any other mod, well technically it's not really an issue xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ImThatGuyM8 said:

As of now, i could not install the steam update, it took 3 tries. Eventually it was completed the right way and did not end up in an error. Now Exile 1.0.2 won't install via the host panel so im doing it myself, and the dropdown menus are (and i can't stress this enough) annoying as anything can be, they drop down when you are trying to enter configuration files or something near that on the host panel and its a really persistent problem. The host panel lag was almost a gamebreaker for me but it has improved over the last 2 weeks, but it still lags a lot when you are in there doing things and everything you do tests your patience, mind you im on a 150/50, no lag, no wireless router, hardline and stable.  As i said in my previous post, avoid it until it comes out of its trial/beta, yes i signed of for the trial but i was in no way informed that it was a beta, the impression of it was supposed to improve my abilities within the host panel, which is all good and well, but only when it works.  Many of the tools are great and easy to use, but too many of the tools gives you more headache than its worth. For me it was easier to just do it myself without the panel for as much as i can, and when i do that things do what i tell them to do.  Might be just me wanting controll over what im doing, but when i can't trust that the host panel will do the job correctly, i would rather do it myself and blame ME if or when  something goes wrong.

 

Again, many of the tools in the G2 are great, some even awesome, but the errors and lag is for me a real annoyance, but i can live with it as i can do most things without the host panel. when i get things working like they should i dont need the panel unless i need to stop/start the server, everything else i can do externally, and thats how i learned what ive learned, learn by doing.   

But i also noticed there are sometimes sync errors between the files you upload and the files the host panel shows, sometimes it takes another restart before the changes are noticable in the host panel configuration files. 

Interesting, may i know why you don't open a ticket with us so we can investigate that issues ? I will more than happy to investigate this for you and try to understand what is happening. 

Any of the issues you are reporting i can't replicate them on a fresh test server i just created before replying, could be an isolated case on the machine you are hosted, and if that's the case i will be happy to move you and give you some sort of compensation for the inconvenience, my main concern here is having you running your server with the best experience possible, drop me a ticket and i will do some investigation on your server.

Regarding the tools that don't work properly, would be awesome if you could give me some more detailed information on what tools and whats the cause so i can investigate, in the meantime i can always convert you to our regular Exile product if all that new tools and features are causing you any troubles managing your server, our normal exile product it's very plain and simple if you prefer a more "raw" feeling, i can move you back and you will not lose anything!

Drop me a ticket, all this review is very good for us, but without investigating your specific case and without you give me a bit more information about the tools and how i can replicate the issues you are experiencing i can't help you much more from here.

Regarding infiSTAR, i can confirm what infiSTAR said, doesn't matter where you install it, as long as you have all correctly setup should work from start line or from addons folder, our staff is trained to install it always on addons folder and in 300+ installations never failed, check if you have passwordAdmin and commandPassword synced between infiSTAR and config.cfg

Edited by Rui Pedro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rui Pedro said:

Interesting, may i know why you don't open a ticket with us so we can investigate that issues ? I will more than happy to investigate this for you and try to understand what is happening. 

Any of the issues you are reporting i can't replicate them on a fresh test server i just created before replying, could be an isolated case on the machine you are hosted, and if that's the case i will be happy to move you and give you some sort of compensation for the inconvenience, my main concern here is having you running your server with the best experience possible, drop me a ticket and i will do some investigation on your server.

Regarding the tools that don't work properly, would be awesome if you could give me some more detailed information on what tools and whats the cause so i can investigate, in the meantime i can always convert you to our regular Exile product if all that new tools and features are causing you any troubles managing your server, our normal exile product it's very plain and simple if you prefer a more "raw" feeling, i can move you back and you will not lose anything!

Drop me a ticket, all this review is very good for us, but without investigating your specific case and without you give me a bit more information about the tools and how i can replicate the issues you are experiencing i can't help you much more from here.

Regarding infiSTAR, i can confirm what infiSTAR said, doesn't matter where you install it, as long as you have all correctly setup should work from start line or from addons folder, our staff is trained to install it always on addons folder and in 300+ installations never failed, check if you have passwordAdmin and commandPassword synced between infiSTAR and config.cfg

Rui, you've been amazing as a support senior and I have no doubt about your skills In that area but when you hit the same brick wall over and over, you figure out another way to do things thereafter. I will drop you a ticket when I've written down the errors I encounter on a regular basis, lastly, after I've redone my server so many times as I have, i try to avoid it happening again unless it's absolutely necessary. 

The 'one click install" for exile 1.0.2 still does nothing on my server, perhaps it is installed but it says it isn't.(And if so, the files aren't transfered) after I tried that I get a mysql error about denied access even tho the password is correct etc.. Again, my method is the same, the output differs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes drop me a ticket please, because could be something related to the machine you are hosted, could be permission issues or anything that needs to be checked, and it's useless to keep "hitting the same brick wall" here without investigating it further :P

Updating Exile to 1.0.2, it's basically press the Install button with server stopped just one time and wait for progress bar to finish, the "Install" button will not turn to a "green Installed" like Mod Manager, since it's an update task, but you should see "Exile 1.0.2 files" after progress bar hit's 100%.

http://imgur.com/a/D6j6R

Drop me a ticket please, could be some permission issues or anything isolated to that machine, which could be also be causing any other side effects that you may have been experiencing.

Edited by Rui Pedro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.