CameraChick

[SOLVED] 1.0.2 - No Mouse Wheel Menu

Question

I am not 100% sure this is a client issue, honestly,  but ever since updating to 1.0.2 (and then reinstalling all mods which worked perfectly before the update), I suddenly have no mouse wheel menu. I can still interact with vehicles and crates by pressing 'i', but no mouse wheel to lock items, get in, etc. Has this been identified as a pattern or is it just me so far? Anyone have clues as to what may cause this? Note: I didn't see anything of note in the log, and also tried both Regular and Hardcore modes of difficulty.

Troubleshooting Update:

1.) Have removed InfiSTAR. No change in result.
2.) Have disabled CBA_A3 on both client AND server. No change in result.

UPDATE / SOLUTION:

Special Thanks to @WURSTKETTE.  In Descriotion.ext, ensure that HUD Weapon Cursors are set to TRUE. (Note: I also set Scripted HUD to true as well, just in case.)

showHUD[] = 
{
    true,   // Scripted HUD (same as showHUD command)
    true,   // Vehicle + soldier info
    false,   // Vehicle radar 
    true,   // Vehicle compass
    true,   // Tank direction indicator
    true,  // Commanding menu
    false,  // Group Bar
    true,   // HUD Weapon Cursors
    false   // Squad Radar
};
Edited by CameraChick

13 answers to this question

I had this exact issue when playing on a server, no idea on the cause or fix, but just wanted to confirm another case of a missing mouse wheel menu.

1 person likes this

most likely server owner not updating correctly.

Advertisement

Same problem with my server, it's a problem with the 1.64 i think, because on my server test, i juste updated arma3 files, not Exile, and same issues.

22 hours ago, CEN said:

most likely server owner not updating correctly.

As I am the server owner, I took what you said and reinstalled everything. Same issue, everything performed correctly. What I have found, though, is that when installing everything from scratch and using Altis and even Tanoa, everything works fine. However, once I add CUP Core, CBA, and Australia, the mouse wheel menu is gone. Starting to narrow it down it seems, but still no solution. 

1 person likes this

It doesn't have anything to do with the server. It's client side. Issue of the 1.64 update. To fix it: 

Go to your settings --> Controls --> Presets --> Press Arma 3 instead of Arma 3 Apex. 

Edited by Droge Worst

20 minutes ago, Droge Worst said:

It doesn't have anything to do with the server. It's client side. Issue of the 1.64 update. To fix it: 

Go to your settings --> Controls --> Presets --> Press Arma 3 instead of Arma 3 Apex. 

Nothing. I was excited about your answer because it sounded convincing... but there was no result in any of the other presets.

Edited by CameraChick

Might be a CBA issue. Remove that and use ADJR_unofficial from A3launcher and see if it works.

2 hours ago, CEN said:

Might be a CBA issue. Remove that and use ADJR_unofficial from A3launcher and see if it works.

Nothing named this on A3 Launcher. Or Google...

Advertisement