• 0
CPT.EliteWarfare

Any good?

Question

Is this great for a heavily modded Exile servers atleast 2 running on it?

Dual Intel Xeon 5080, 1TB HDD

4 Cores / 8 Threads

16Gb Ram, Windows 2012 Standard

Bandwidth: 20TB on 1GBit Port

$83.90 a Month

Just wondering cuz i need upgrade my box since my server is starting to get players

 
Edited by CPT.EliteWarfare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 answers to this question

  • 0

The  Xeon 5080 was end of life in 2008, it would struggle to run one decent Exile server nevermind 2 (even with 2 CPUS), It's underpowered for Arma especially for $84 a month.

You want something like an i7 4790k or much more recent Xeon with clock speeds above 3.5GHz. 

If you are wanting to run zombies or lots of AI you will struggle to run 2 servers even on a decent spec server (unless you start looking at 10/12 core new Xeons)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
34 minutes ago, second_coming said:

The  Xeon 5080 was end of life in 2008, it would struggle to run one decent Exile server nevermind 2 (even with 2 CPUS), It's underpowered for Arma especially for $84 a month.

You want something like an i7 4790k or much more recent Xeon with clock speeds above 3.5GHz. 

If you are wanting to run zombies or lots of AI you will struggle to run 2 servers even on a decent spec server (unless you start looking at 10/12 core new Xeons)

ok i found a Xeon 5420 or i think its a Xeon E5420 anyways its that and 2.5GHz - 2 Processors, 8 cores / 8 threads , 8Gb's Ram and 1TB SATA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
  • 0

ok NVM i just found this other one it may be better idk yet i want a answer from you all.

Spec's:
 Dual Intel Xeon X5670 2.93 GHZ Hex Core (12 cores)

48 GB Ram

Frist Drive: 240 GB SSD

Second Drive: 2 TB SATA

Third Drive: 2 TB SATA

HardWare Raid Card: SATA Raid

Raid Level: Raid level 1

OS: Windows 2012 64 - bit

$84.95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 minutes ago, CPT.EliteWarfare said:

ok i found a Xeon 5420 or i think its a Xeon E5420 anyways its that and 2.5GHz - 2 Processors, 8 cores / 8 threads , 8Gb's Ram and 1TB SATA 

likely to be just as bad, still ancient hardware ( and the clock speed of 2.5GHz is way too low).

 

When I said more recent Xeon I meant from the last 2-3 years max :)

Edited by second_coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, second_coming said:

likely to be just as bad, still ancient hardware ( and the clock speed of 2.5GHz is way too low).

 

When I said more recent Xeon I meant from the last 2-3 years max :)

Yea nvm that one i found a other one i just posted before you comment on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, second_coming said:

Still too old IMO

DAMIT! :( you got any great dedicated window server providers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

i personally use NFO servers are they are pretty good

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.