GolovaRaoul

infiSTAR not restarting with full server

9 posts in this topic

Yo,

So I use infiSTAR to restart my server every 3 hours, but when the server is full, no restart messages are shown and the server won't restart. Both exile_server_config and infiSTAR don't restart the server. Can this maybe be caused because of server lag? 

Thanks for responding ;)

I've not come across the issue that it's not restarting at all - I don't think the server lags out that much to be honest

Advertisement
4 hours ago, GolovaRaoul said:

Yo,

So I use infiSTAR to restart my server every 3 hours, but when the server is full, no restart messages are shown and the server won't restart. Both exile_server_config and infiSTAR don't restart the server. Can this maybe be caused because of server lag? 

Thanks for responding ;)

I believe it is just lag.

In fact it is not infiSTAR that doesn't restart your server, it is the server 'uptime clock' that is delayed when you have 80%+ players in your server.

Infistar will restart your server when the server reaches the minutes set in RESTART_TIME_IN_M = 360;  the problem is that the 'server timer' delays the counter some 5-20 minutes (in case the server is almost full).

In our server, when the number os players reach 80%, restarts happen when the statusbar timer reaches "-5" minutes; when player number reaches 90%, minus 10 minutes, full capacity, -15 minutes. All that means it took 5, 10 or 15 minutes longer for the server 'uptime counter' to reach the 360 minutes we had set for the restart. infiSTAR did what was programmed, the timer that was delayed (probably due to lag...) - no noticeable lag on server, but the timer is running late indeed.

Another thing I noticed is that this server timer delay is bigger in 8h restarts, lower in 6h restarts, almost unoticeable in 4h restarts, etc; So if you are at i.e. 90% capacity, in a 8h interval restart, probably the statusBar timer will be at "-50" when the server timer reaches the 480m timer and restars, for example. And we would thing the restart won't happen while it is just the 'clock' that is running late...

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, =CF=Dragunov said:

I believe it is just lag.

In fact it is not infiSTAR that doesn't restart your server, it is the server 'uptime clock' that is delayed when you have 80%+ players in your server.

Infistar will restart your server when the server reaches the minutes set in RESTART_TIME_IN_M = 360;  the problem is that the 'server timer' delays the counter some 5-20 minutes (in case the server is almost full).

In our server, when the number os players reach 80%, restarts happen when the statusbar timer reaches "-5" minutes; when player number reaches 90%, minus 10 minutes, full capacity, -15 minutes. All that means it took 5, 10 or 15 minutes longer for the server 'uptime counter' to reach the 360 minutes we had set for the restart. infiSTAR did what was programmed, the timer that was delayed (probably due to lag...) - no noticeable lag on server, but the timer is running late indeed.

Another thing I noticed is that this server timer delay is bigger in 8h restarts, lower in 6h restarts, almost unoticeable in 4h restarts, etc; So if you are at i.e. 90% capacity, in a 8h interval restart, probably the statusBar timer will be at "-50" when the server timer reaches the 480m timer and restars, for example. And we would thing the restart won't happen while it is just the 'clock' that is running late...

Jup, that's exactly what I was thinking. My solution would be to use another program to restart the server then...Not anything ingame, but something like BEC...

22 hours ago, =CF=Dragunov said:

You're right!

What I could do is call the extDB and ask for the "real time" every now and then and do my own calculations or restarts based on that; I could probably create a function like that instead than what we have right now :)

2 people like this

Hey

If it is not necessary to push an update "fast" to fix any issue I will put that in for the 62, yes :)

Advertisement