MGgaming101

Exile still being dev'ed ?

9 posts in this topic

I was wondering tho', i know you guys took a vacation and that Eichi had a health issue but i wonder if Exile has came to a dead end ?. 
Been a long time since there where any announcements of something specific being worked on and what not. It be kinda sad to see that Exile is already ''complete'' as a mod. 
Not trying to come across inpatient but there hasn't been any additional ''content'' added for a long time :) 

Does anyone remember when 1.0.2 came out? Gosh darn that seems so long ago now.. And I wish they hadn't closed the forums. :(

2 people like this

Advertisement
8 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Does anyone remember when 1.0.2 came out? Gosh darn that seems so long ago now.. And I wish they hadn't closed the forums. :(

1 and 1,2 where merely optimization updates. NO significant content filled updates that adds something ''new'' to the mod, that makes the mod more outstanding then it actually is. 

5 minutes ago, MGgaming101 said:

1 and 1,2 where merely optimization updates. NO significant content filled updates that adds something ''new'' to the mod, that makes the mod more outstanding then it actually is. 

But they were developed.

1 person likes this

If you read the dev blogs for these updates you would have noted that there is new content being added and that they have started adding that content in the last update. That being done is survival stuff to do with hunting fishing farming etc. The last major update contained 6 months of updates. It takes months of hard work to add a heap of New content to the mod. You can't just update every month as it takes server owners an age to update all their other custom scripts. Damned if u update all the time. Damned if you don't. 

4 people like this

Yes, actually reading the changelog is key before making posts like this...

As @happydayz said above, if updates are more frequent a number of things happen; some servers update straight away, some don't for a week or 2, some for a  month, some not at all. Then another update comes out and there are 3 versions floating around. Some additional mods require updating, some don't, some scripts require updating, some don't. Debugging people's script problems in the forums across the various versions becomes difficult. Producing high quality releases becomes a challenge. 

Server owners give up as there is too much unpaid work and players give up trying to connect to servers when they have a high fail rate because of mod version misalignment. 

Irl, I work in merchant banking software, it's exactly the same headache there. 

Not looking to give anyone a virtual bj but, these guys are doing a terrific job with what is a very new mod over an incredibly complex game which has some pretty intense stability issues. 

Believe me, it's in all our interests to have high quality, low frequency releases without too much 'big bang' of new content which can make achieving high quality a challenge. 

Edited by BaroN
3 people like this

I might have worded my question wronge, but nvm...dissregard my initial question, i just like to be in touch with developement of games i like :). 
If i where to find the anwser in the forums/devblog i wouldn't have posted this topic in the 1st place. But it's okay, i'll wait and see what time brings.

Thx

32 minutes ago, MGgaming101 said:

I might have worded my question wronge, but nvm...dissregard my initial question, i just like to be in touch with developement of games i like :). 
If i where to find the anwser in the forums/devblog i wouldn't have posted this topic in the 1st place. But it's okay, i'll wait and see what time brings.

Thx

yeh man...

Just compare EXILE (wich is more or less a better "copy") with EPOCH (i do it all the times) - Exile is on point and got a huge output (no hate for epoch, still great devs tho).

Patches from exile almost on point, no need for hotfixes, steady ouput...we just had a huge patch 2 month ago..so what? :)

You'r aiming for something special? Featurs? Let them know!

20 hours ago, MGgaming101 said:

Ya know sometimes bugs have to be fixed rather than pile on more features.

1 person likes this

Advertisement