Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neofit

Car lock codes

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

We have an option to change the lock codes  on our safes but don't have one for cars. Is there a chance this option would be implemented? With maybe the option to place a lock code onto a "wild" car to make it persistent and lockable like the purchased ones?

I believe that there is a strong need for a code change feature for cars. Actually I don't know how people play on PvP servers, maybe a purchased or reward car lasts you a couple of hours or a couple restarts, then I believe you may not need one, but in PvE we tend to keep them for some time.

The actual rationale is because of the DMS missions that give vehicles as rewards. Upon completion they flash an access code in  a brief popup. There are many reasons why one would lose it, the popup being too brief, other things requiring the player's attention like combat, or just a loss of yesterday's post-it with the code. In fact I started typing a post in the DMS thread asking the dev to set up 0000 code on reward cars then figured out why this is happening: since we cannot change the code afterwards, a certain portion of the cars would have a 0000 code and would be too easy to unlock. So a possibility to change the vehicle lock code would allow missions like the DMS ones to give us cars with a 0000 code.

Before I lost my garage due to whatever, I had some purchased ones with my main code, two rewards with fantasy codes I had to keep post-its for, and two that I couldn't lock because I missed the flashing window with the code.

Phase 1: Take a lockable vehicle to the Exile Customs trader.

Phase 2: Pay for a new code.

Phase 3: ???

Phase 4: Profit.

Advertisement
3 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Phase 2: Pay for a new code.

While this seems like a usable band aid, in the long run - why? We don't have to do it for safes. It looks more like a feature that was forgotten or left for later than some design decision.

Just now, neofit said:

While this seems like a usable band aid, in the long run - why? We don't have to do it for safes. It looks more like a feature that was forgotten or left for later than some design decision.

It's there so you can truly steal a vehicle and re-key it, thus making it yours. It's not a left over or forgotten feature; it's exactly the implemented feature you're looking for.

Or, you know, you could write a script that adds an option to a vehicle but why bother when this works as intended?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, kuplion said:

It's there so you can truly steal a vehicle and re-key it, thus making it yours. It's not a left over or forgotten feature; it's exactly the implemented feature you're looking for.

But I did not steal the vehicle, I shed sweat and blood and died 8 times to earn it :). So at least when I know the code I should be able to change it on the spot like it happens with safes.

2 minutes ago, neofit said:

But I did not steal the vehicle, I shed sweat and blood and died 8 times to earn it :). So at least when I know the code I should be able to change it on the spot like it happens with safes.

So ask @eraser1 or @Defent to implement the feature in DMS if that's where your issue is. Or just use the feature that was developed and implemented so as to allow you to change the code.

There's also a script to claim spawn vehicles.

But, no, I think the current code is better in that you have to take lockable vehicles to the custom vehicle trader to change the pin. If you know the pin already it's free, if you don't...2,500.

1 person likes this

If you know the code it's free to change the pin code at customs dealer already...

If you don't know the code, you can pay to change it.

I personally like what Exile has done here. It makes players have to travel the map and possibly even cooperate. Leading to more player encounters and more fun IMHO!

Advertisement