Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bajaboggs

How to manage PBO's?

12 posts in this topic

I am learning how to customize my mpmissions.  I have downloaded and opened the PBO file.  I've made some custom changes.  I don't know how to get the file back into PBO format so that the server will recognize it.  I have downloaded PBO manager, and it is a 7z file, not an app?  I have also tried cPBO and PBOview.  I can't figure this out?  Help :(

Advertisement

Very helpful.  However I have hit a couple of stumbling blocks.

1) When I use Notepad++ to edit my config.cpp file, it wants to save it in a compatible format with the extension ".h"   Is this a problem?  If so, how do I get the correct extension .cpp?

2) The instructions for "repacking" the PBO are vague.  Can you ellaborate?  I have included the specific questions through out the instructions provided.

Packing/Uploading

1. Hit the back button going to the folder that is named i.e. dayz_server  (I don't see a "back button)

2. Right click to PBO Manager, pack into "dayz_server.pbo"  (again, where?)  I am getting lost.

3. Go to your control panel and scroll down until you see the "Browse" button.  (control pane?)  I see a green down arrow, a red box with an X, a gear, and a lock.

4. Find the PBO path you just edited

5. Hit the big green button labeled "Update Settings and Restart Gmae Server"

*note: wait until the page refreshes or the upload will not take.

Done!

Is there a better app for saving .cpp files?  Notepad++ doesn't save it as a cpp file, but an .h file

Additionally, still having repack issues, as mentioned above.

download pbomanager

install it

right click on a .pbo file

hover on Pbo Manager in the menu

Here you have 3 options

Extract to..

Extract to current folder

Extract to name-of-pbo

I use Extract to name-of-pbo

This will unpack the pbo into a folder named the same as the .pbo you just unpacked

MAKE YOUR EDITS TO FILES ADD FILES/FOLDERS WHATEVER

Same process to pack it back into a PBO

Right click the folder you want to make into a pbo

Hover on Pbo Manager

Select Pack into "name-of-folder".pbo

DONE!!!

Notepad++ just edit a file when your done click save it does not change the type of file

or

In control panel then Folder Options Make sure you have hide extensions for known file types un-ticked

Now you can

create a new txt file

rename it to whatever you want .txt .init .sqm .sqf .whatever

renaming the file from .txt will change the file type from text to what you changed it to like new.txt to new.sqf after you have renamed it press enter it will warn you that you are changing the file type click yes

Now you have just made a new file changed it from a text file to a sqf now just right click it and edit with notepad++ when finished click save file type will stay the same.

Thank you.  However I am still having issues repacking the PBO.  Not sure how to get the new file packed into the PBO.  I do have PBO manager.

I think I see at least one of the issues I'm having repacking.  I watched some youtube videos and the menu option in the video look very different from what PBO manager looks like on my machine.  I have attached a photo of my PBO manager version.  I downloaded what I thought was v1.4 beta.Screenshot (2).png

dont run pbo manager

right click on the server.pbo

or whatever .pbo you want to unpack

Same to pack into a pbo

right click on the folder you want into a pbo

Edited by Tech_Support

Advertisement