Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SomeCallMeNomad

Starting a new listen server for me and my friends, stuck loading in

13 posts in this topic

Advertisement
29 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

if local port forwarded/firewalled?

That shouldn't be the problem. I've been able to connect to the server before, then I updated the server itself (through steamcmd), then updated @exile and (kind of) @exileserver. Since then, I haven't been able to connect.

3 minutes ago, SomeCallMeNomad said:

That shouldn't be the problem. I've been able to connect to the server before, then I updated the server itself (through steamcmd), then updated @exile and (kind of) @exileserver. Since then, I haven't been able to connect.

then its most likely a mission file error, if you have any backups load those in to see if they work, then go into your current mission file and sort through your most recent edits

4 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

then its most likely a mission file error, if you have any backups load those in to see if they work, then go into your current mission file and sort through your most recent edits

Messed around with it some, I don't think that's the problem. Plus, I'm having trouble loading into the server, not a mission itself.

Posted (edited)

I agree with Crazy Mike, this is surprisingly likely to be a mission file issue. I've had this previously myself when I first added CUP weapons to my server. I had a mission file with the edits for the trader and one without, it was only the one with the edits that had the same problem you are working through and it was ultimately a typo that got me (as usual). I spent about 2 hours thinking it was CUP that caused the issue.....

Just double check your edits and make sure everything is okay, all the commas & semicolons are in the right places and all that sort of thing. Might be something really simple.

Edit - Something that helped me when I had this issue was loading up the mission in the editor. The server didn't throw an error and neither did the client RPT but the editor did and resolving that error fixed it for me.

Edited by Riker2335

8 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

I agree with Crazy Mike, this is surprisingly likely to be a mission file issue. I've had this previously myself when I first added CUP weapons to my server. I had a mission file with the edits for the trader and one without, it was only the one with the edits that had the same problem you are working through and it was ultimately a typo that got me (as usual). I spent about 2 hours thinking it was CUP that caused the issue.....

Just double check your edits and make sure everything is okay, all the commas & semicolons are in the right places and all that sort of thing. Might be something really simple.

Edit - Something that helped me when I had this issue was loading up the mission in the editor. The server didn't throw an error and neither did the client RPT but the editor did and resolving that error fixed it for me.

So I messed around with it some, and it does appear to be the mission file (exile.esseker). When I set it to load exile.tanoa, it started working (kinda, it lets me load into the world and select my spawn, but then disconnects me. I'll worry about that later though I guess, I want to get esseker working.) I guess my only option now is to make my own mission file for esseker, because I did NOT make that one (I downloaded it) because I don't know how. Does anyone know of a tutorial I can follow?

Have a read of this thread, helped me a lot when I was initially setting up my Chernarus server and applies to any 3rd party map;

The first few steps likely won't apply to you though as you've already got the map working previously but the rest of it should point you in the right direction for getting a basic (clean) mission file happening. I know it's not perfect but I'm afraid it's what most of us start with when running custom maps. I've already told my friends that if we have another major update like Apex & 0.9.8 that we're switching to Tanoa! :)

Someone else might be kind enough to help you out more if they are running an Esseker server though.

On 10/1/2016 at 10:42 PM, Riker2335 said:

Have a read of this thread, helped me a lot when I was initially setting up my Chernarus server and applies to any 3rd party map;

The first few steps likely won't apply to you though as you've already got the map working previously but the rest of it should point you in the right direction for getting a basic (clean) mission file happening. I know it's not perfect but I'm afraid it's what most of us start with when running custom maps. I've already told my friends that if we have another major update like Apex & 0.9.8 that we're switching to Tanoa! :)

Someone else might be kind enough to help you out more if they are running an Esseker server though.

This tells me how to implement an exile mission into my server, not how to create one. Know of any tutorials about that?

Okay, the process is quite similar but all I did to create my Chernarus 0.9.8 file was;

1. Take a copy of the Exile.Altis pbo and rename it Exile.Chernarus.pbo
  2. Unpack the new Exile.Chernarus.pbo
  3. Open 3DEN and create & save an empty Chernarus mission file
  4. copy the mission file into the Exile.Chernarus folder that was created when you unpacked the pbo
  5. Cleaned out the initplayerlocal and initserver files, ready for my own trader cities
  6. Scoured the config files, changing references to Altis as needed.
  7. Added in any crafting related components for Chernarus (fresh water sources etc.)
  8. Fired up the server and sorted out any issues I'd created with Syntax.
  9. Added in traders

That was my process, I'm sure there's a detailed one around somewhere but that worked for me..... very time consuming and maybe there's a better way to do it but that worked for me.

Advertisement