speedweasel

3DEN Plugin exports light sources as simple objects

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It would be great if the 3DEN Plugin recognized lamp posts, camping lanterns, portable flood lights, etc as Arma light sources and exported them as vehicles with simulation enabled.

Exporting them as simple objects means they don't cast any light and my traders are currently darker than Satan's colon.

Edited by speedweasel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive noticed this as my traders are so dark the only light sorce that works is the fire barrels so what can we do to get this to work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
11 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

ive noticed this as my traders are so dark the only light sorce that works is the fire barrels so what can we do to get this to work

Take a line like this from the Simple Objects section of your (3DEN exported) initServer.sqf file

["a3\structures_f\civ\lamps\lampstreet_f.p3d", [11473.4, 7497.15, 227.124], [0.292975, 0.95612, 0], [0, 0, 1]]

...change it to this and move it to the Vehicles section of your initServer.sqf

["Land_LampStreet_F", [11473.4, 7497.15, 227.124], [0.292975, 0.95612, 0], [0, 0, 1], true]

You can get the object class name (in this case, Land_LampStreet_F) by right-clicking on the object in 3DEN and selecting Log | Log classes to clipboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the lamps i use is already in the vehicles part so im not sure why they dont work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2016 at 2:43 PM, hogansheroes said:

the lamps i use is already in the vehicles part so im not sure why they dont work

Make sure each light item has "true" as the last value in the array.  If it's "false" simulation will be turned off for that object, including lighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When placing the light source in the editor, double click on it and check the box to enable simulation. When you export the objects, the light sources will be exported as "vehicles" with working lights. No editing/moving of code required for the final product.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2016 at 9:48 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

When placing the light source in the editor, double click on it and check the box to enable simulation. When you export the objects, the light sources will be exported as "vehicles" with working lights. No editing/moving of code required for the final product.

I knew there had to be a better way.  Thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.