Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Euphoria

Help needed: mission.sqm breaks/changes when exporting it from the A3 editor

Question

Posted (edited)

So please bear with me if this is obvious, I am super new to the editor, I've literally only opened it 4-5 times so I'm still learning the absolute basics.

I have an exile server and I wanted to run my mission file through the editor to place 2 - 3 static objects around the map. I did this, exported the mission file from the editor and uploaded it to the server... everything worked great, except that my mission.sqm changed from something readable that I understood, to something that looks encrypted or broken maybe.

How I was doing it:

1. Opening ARMA, selecting multiplayer
  2. clicking host and starting a LAN server
  3. open a scenario and selecting my mission
  4. adding the few objects to the map
  5. Exporting the mission for multiplayer. That's it.
Spoiler

How it looked before:

U7PXBqi.png

How it looks now after the editor:

FUtHibR.png

Can someone help me understand why this happens, I must be doing something wrong, but it's hard to find a decent noob friendly tutorial.

Appreciate any help, thanks

Edited by Euphoria

3 answers to this question

If  you want to add items to your server, you shouldn't add them in mission.sqm. Export them to initserver.sqf using the Exile Eden plugin or put them into a server side pbo.

Posted (edited)

On 01/10/2016 at 3:04 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

If  you want to add items to your server, you shouldn't add them in mission.sqm. Export them to initserver.sqf using the Exile Eden plugin or put them into a server side pbo.

Thank you for the reply and help.

[Edit] - Ok, so I have been playing around in the editor for the past couple of hours and I think I've found what you mean by saving to initserver.sqf. I was following a guide I read on BIS forum and that said to click export to MP, so I guess that's for A3 and not Exile.

But I need to ask, am I running the editor correctly because when I open my Exile.Tanoa scenario I can't see any of my traders, nor do I have a spawn point, so when I click Play Scenario to test what I've added, I just get stuck on a map overview and have to ctrl alt del and task manager close ARMA.

I run ARMA, then click multiplayer, host and start a new LAN server, and open my scenario. Is this the correct way?

Edited by Euphoria

Advertisement