John

Constructions outside territories - Dont clean up

Question

@Eichi

I think I have discovered an issue where constructions outside territories, such as fire place or workshop will not cleanup, this is because the "last_updated_at" column in the DB gets set to the current date / time of each server restart.

I could be wrong, or broke something but I think this is a problem =(

Edited by John

25 answers to this question

1 hour ago, kuplion said:

I'm definitely using the latest exile.ini and just confirmed I have the same issue.

Me three! Running Exile Reborn on Esseker.

Please upload your exile.ini and your sql query logs or we cannot help you. 

This problem should have been solved in the last update.

Advertisement

Will try and get query logs today but an running the latest .ini file.

@Eichi

I tried setting up query logging but failed, it only logged queries I ran.

Really not sure what else to do here

From what I can tell, the last_updated_at , being set, every 3 days, ie whenever the object should be being deleted as per the config, except its not deleting it, its updating it.

I can tell you that the times listed in this picture, co-incide with a server restart.

I will speak with some friends who are more knowledgeable then me and see if I can get proper logging setup, as I know you require this. I can tell you with confidence though, while I run a lot of custom stuff I don't venture near anything database related =(

https://gyazo.com/f2d59ae67e955fb111441ba70f2e0c0e

Thanks!

I think I have found the issue. Will research and post a fix.

2 people like this

Please try this. Works great over here. I have removed implicit updating of the last_updated_at fields for constructions, vehicles and containers and fill this field manually when needed. There is an SQL upgrade script that will remove the "ON UPDATE SET last_updated_at = CURRENT_DATETIME" for the respective fields. The last_updated_at is now set to NOW() when firing an update query. Also, I have changed it so, that constructions outside of territories are marked as deleted based on their "spawned_at" instead of their "last_updated_at" to be 100% sure. It does not change for containers, so they are not removed when they are used by players.

http://puu.sh/rBOJ2/677702c4e5.zip

Please create a backup of your database just to be on the safe side and let me know how it goes :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement