Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
da1geek

HVP and Birds and Bees Mismatch

Question

It seems this has been asked a few times and not had a "real" answer, so I'm going to try and see if we can figure out a solution. Hollows Vehicle Pack seems to trigger Birds and the Bees to be installed / subscribed when using regular Arma 3 Launcher (not A3 Launcher). As a result, a lot of players are incorrectly downloading Birds and the Bees and being kicked. I'm assuming this is because a lot of the vehicles in HVP are repacked from other mods. The keys are different however. 

I want to try and figure out what exactly is causing the mismatch and how to adjust it. Otherwise this makes HVP completely unusable unless you have a way to communicate with players beforehand (and advise them not to load BATB). 

This was addressed in this thread as well: 

But was not answered. The "answer" was "go talk to A3 launcher", despite the problem not being with A3 launcher. There was an additional thread before that one which was closed, which also didn't have a solution. I'm hoping we can come up with a solution, or at least get me pointed in the right direction so BATB isn't flagged for download.

Thanks in advance. 

7 answers to this question

Yep I have this problem as well, I basically had to put a warning out to players on the Facebook page and website not to subscribe to the BAB's if using the arma3 dashboard and not A3 launcher, would be nice to see it fixed though.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, da1geek said:

It seems this has been asked a few times and not had a "real" answer, so I'm going to try and see if we can figure out a solution. Hollows Vehicle Pack seems to trigger Birds and the Bees to be installed / subscribed when using regular Arma 3 Launcher (not A3 Launcher). As a result, a lot of players are incorrectly downloading Birds and the Bees and being kicked. I'm assuming this is because a lot of the vehicles in HVP are repacked from other mods. The keys are different however. 

I want to try and figure out what exactly is causing the mismatch and how to adjust it. Otherwise this makes HVP completely unusable unless you have a way to communicate with players beforehand (and advise them not to load BATB). 

This was addressed in this thread as well: 

But was not answered. The "answer" was "go talk to A3 launcher", despite the problem not being with A3 launcher. There was an additional thread before that one which was closed, which also didn't have a solution. I'm hoping we can come up with a solution, or at least get me pointed in the right direction so BATB isn't flagged for download.

Thanks in advance. 

There's nothing you can do to fix it. The B&B PBO is contained in Hollow's Vehicle Pack. Either Hollow redoes the PBO, you stop using HVP, or only use A3Launcher. The answer to the question is literally in the thread you linked to as to why it happens.

Secondly it's been suggested by mods repeatedly if you have questions regarding HVP to take it to the A3Launcher support (Since it's only supported by A3L), or Hollow himself.

Edited by brawnkoh

Advertisement

The answer in the thread was speculative. Also, "take it to A3Launcher. Google, your friend" is not exactly an answer. What you outlined here makes much more sense, is clear and concise. The other thread definitely did not say that. Also , as I said, it's Arma's launcher detecting the BATB not A3 Launcher, which is another reason why that answer didn't make sense originally. It sounds like this thread can be closed.

Solution: There isn't one. Approach Hollow or don't use the mod. 

1 hour ago, da1geek said:

The answer in the thread was speculative. Also, "take it to A3Launcher. Google, your friend" is not exactly an answer. What you outlined here makes much more sense, is clear and concise. The other thread definitely did not say that. Also , as I said, it's Arma's launcher detecting the BATB not A3 Launcher, which is another reason why that answer didn't make sense originally. It sounds like this thread can be closed.

Solution: There isn't one. Approach Hollow or don't use the mod. 

I think the frustrations lie with the fact that people are asking for support for a secondary platform (Steam/A3) vs. using A3Launcher when HVP is an a3Launcher "exclusive" mod. Then when people don't use A3Launcher (even when it's stated as an exclusive A3Launcher Mod) they come here asking for support on why it won't work on the Steam launcher.

There are solutions out there for people who want modded cars but want to allow players to use Steam as well as A3L. Ivory Cars and Frenzied Mod Pack are both civilian vehicle mods that are compatible with A3Launcher, and Steam. If you want to ensure that players can connect using either launcher you need to change to a solution that is supported by both.

I can help u all right now.

You can ONLY use HVP through A3Launcher, i have NOT given anyone permission to host my mod anywhere else.

I have given ONLY A3Launcher exclusive hosting of my mod. any other hosting WILL be DCMA'ed.

2 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I can help u all right now.

You can ONLY use HVP through A3Launcher, i have NOT given anyone permission to host my mod anywhere else.

I have given ONLY A3Launcher exclusive hosting of my mod. any other hosting WILL be DCMA'ed.

Welp, that settles that. I went ahead and changed it. Thank you for the alternative solutions Brawn. Your FMP pack has a lot of great features. 

Advertisement