Drunkshooter

Boarding up Windows / Free-placing planks?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all

I've seen some youtube clips in which players have managed to free-place wood planks onto windows using hammer and nails. This adds a nice new dynamic where you can board-up a house in true survivor-style rather than build a base from scratch.

My question is, was that part of a mod add-on? If yes, does anybody know which one? The only options I am getting with wood boards/planks is the standard 'recipe' menu to craft in the inventory.

Thanks for any info on this!

cheers guys

Advertisement

I believe that's Maca's work. It's pretty complex and you'll never find a release thread for it :P 

in a real situation unless the server manages to make every single building indestructible and opens up all the building assets' windows to allow climbing though(enhanced movement), it's only for show, but would be the sickest base building in any survival mode for sure

8 hours ago, Drunkshooter said:

Hi all

I've seen some youtube clips in which players have managed to free-place wood planks onto windows using hammer and nails. This adds a nice new dynamic where you can board-up a house in true survivor-style rather than build a base from scratch.

My question is, was that part of a mod add-on? If yes, does anybody know which one? The only options I am getting with wood boards/planks is the standard 'recipe' menu to craft in the inventory.

Thanks for any info on this!

cheers guys

Your best bet is to use support pillars lol

1 person likes this

I've got a system in place to do this but, like most games the AI doesn't respect collision well enough and pop through the walls and floors. I ended up having to script in warding based off the player flag code block which work in my case for zombies. We're running enhanced movement and this definitely works vs. players.

Advertisement