Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dman

Trying to set up a Chernarus server (I'm new)

4 posts in this topic

Hello, before I begin I would like to explain something, I've been looking all over google and Youtube, and on this website. I can not find a tutorial on how to set up an Exile Chernarus map on an Exile Server, and no addons have tutorials on how to do this.  I don't know how to set up addons, or get this chernarus map working. From what I can grasp what I've read so far, (I'm probably wrong) that I have to get Cup Terrains_Core and Cup_Terrains_Maps installed onto my server files, "No clue how to do that" I have the .bat files calling all the right file locations, and I even added a part to call the Cup mods.

I'm honestly not even looking for a fix on this, what I'm looking for is an actual tutorial that teaches retarded people like myself how to install the updated version of Chernarus onto an exile server, and maybe help me explain how to install "addons" like all these cool mods they have on Exile servers.  I have looked all night and an hour today, and I can not figure it out. At all. I am so lost. If it helps my explanation, if I change the mpmissions to Altis.Exile the server works, and I just change the config/cfg/config,cfg the part where it says "Exile.Chernarus back to Exile.Altis my server runs fine, I just have absolutely no idea how to install addons or how to install chernarus on the server. And I downloaded a Vanilla Chernarus pbo that I put into mpmissions.

Also, which PBO file do I edit, the one under mpmissions or the one under my @ExileServer file? I don't know anything. I'm sorry.

Has been asked a thousand times, Crazy mike recently posted on it so the process is current.......  I'm surprised your searching turned up nothing, it was in the "installation -> setup" section on the first page.

See how you go with that guide, it's basically the same process I used and I was in the same position as you when I did it - I'd never run an ARMA 3 server before and was learning from scratch.

1 person likes this

Advertisement
2 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

Has been asked a thousand times, Crazy mike recently posted on it so the process is current.......  I'm surprised your searching turned up nothing, it was in the "installation -> setup" section on the first page.

See how you go with that guide, it's basically the same process I used and I was in the same position as you when I did it - I'd never run an ARMA 3 server before and was learning from scratch.

Thank you very much.

Advertisement