Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
canuckbrian

infiSTAR Database Whitelist

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've setup a Whitelist access only server for PVE. Players need to apply to join. I'm trying to use infiSTAR's whitelist function to lookup whether a player in the database is whitelisted or not.

I looked that the SQL statement you included in your release, as well as the INI addition. I don't want infiSTAR referencing the account table because that requires the player to join the server first, and if whitelisting is turned on how can they do that?

I created another table called "whitelist" with the columns "uid", "name", "whitelisted", and "dateAdded". uid is the Key column and it's a unique value. I modified the INI statement as follows:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;	infiSTAR Whitelist DB Query
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[getAccountWhitelisted]
SQL1_1 = SELECT whitelisted FROM whitelist WHERE uid = ?
Number Of Inputs = 1
SQL1_INPUTS = 1
OUTPUT = 1

In EXILE_AHAT_CONFIG.hpp I have "USE_DATABASE_WHITELIST = true;"

I'm 99% certain that this should work, but for some reason it's not. There are no errors in the server or client RPT files, or in the extDB logs. But anyone is able to join regardless of whether they're whitelisted or not.

Can you see or think of any reason why this isn't working?

I think the idea was that you had to manually put a row in the accounts table for the player to be able to join. Why add a new table? Just use the account table that it already references, and add your approved players there rather than putting them into a whole new table. (or use whatever automated script/website/whatever method you're using to add rows to that table.) 

Advertisement

I've tested it again and it works, I don't know where your problem is but maybe your server rpt log will show that to us? :)

well or the extDB log(s)?

Instead of trying to use my own table for whitelisting I added the whitelisted column to the account table and adjusted the query to what you ship infiSTAR with and it works. Not sure why it wouldn't work when using my own table, but either way I got it working and built some tools to handle whitelisting for my other admins to use.

Id have thought adding an additional row to the accounts table calling the new row "whitelisted" and setting a numerical value of either 0 or 1 ie non-whitelisted/whitelisted would have been a far earier method and slightly more efficient.

Advertisement