jedifer

HELP! spawning in grass :(

Question

Hi, i have made an Exile server but when i spawn i just end up in grass then the view goes to the sky and i'm kicked. The database connects just fine as can be seen in the rpt logs, has anyone got a solution to this as it's rather frustrating! Below is my rpt log

Here is the database connection part:

23:58:54 "ExileServer - Installed extDB2 version: 70"
23:58:54 "ExileServer - Connected to database!"
23:58:54 "ExileServer - Database protocol initialized!"

http://pastebin.com/YsDwT19V

6 answers to this question

Hello,

I have had this too.  In my case, and I think you will find it too, you have made a 'severe boo-boo'.

In my two cases:

1 - DB config error

2 - A real stupid one, I left out one of the two required folders for the server...duh...

Do this:

Ensure all files/folders are present

Remove/Do not use any mods on server

Then test with a DEFAULT EXILE SETUP

If it still fails, you can try installing these SAME files onto you PC and creating server there (local) and testing.   You will have to download MySQL though.

Bottom line, there are many things (notice - plural) that can cause this error, you just need to find out 'which one'.

Good luck!

:)

I only get the grassy hill for about 10sec for the first person to connect to my server after reboot.  But 10 seconds isn't going to kill me since im usually the one who connects first.  As Z80CPU said it's probably a database initialization of sorts depending on your server hardware and how its configured.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

When I start my personal server which I 'play on'/'test stuff' with, I also 'hang' for a bit when joining for the first time.  Sometimes ARMA will give me a 'disconnect' error, but upon reconnecting, it goes right thru.

On my 'server', it is a dual core/4g mem, so it aint the fastest pc out there and it can hang I think up to a minute sometimes.

So, do keep that in mind too!

First thing I noticed is that in your server rpt it says you have version 1.0.1 installed. Exile is now 1.0.2. 

So my guess is that you have a bit of version mismatch between all the files and database. Personally, I would dump it and start again from scratch. 

While I did not read the logs but if what Baron states is true, I would also recommend a 're-do'.

Here is why:

#1 - It is already 'messed up'

#2 - If it happened in 'one location', there is now evidence/proof that it can and has happened which means there may be OTHER areas 'screwed-up'

Hope it works for ya!

Advertisement